Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Very Odd ?  (Read 2621 times)

John Mk2

Very Odd ?
« on: March 13, 2011, 05:35:30 pm »

I use brushless Lipo. After my eh mishap  {:-{ (See Duck Dive) The 4s lipo which spent 20mins underwater (Salt) is the best one for power & runtime %) I have 4 paks all the same spec & age ect.
All I did was rinse the connections in fresh water Any Idea why or did I just get lucky ?

Roadrunner

Re: Very Odd ?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 05:53:44 pm »

any ideas why what?

did they work fine?

hehe  %)

John Mk2

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 07:03:58 pm »

Salt water should have  <*< the pak But its better ! 

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 07:51:26 pm »

Glad to hear your pack still work. I assume you rinsed off the salt. John.

John Mk2

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 08:28:11 pm »

Oh yes  %) Still cant work out why its better than the rest of them  {:-{

unbuiltnautilus

• Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 09:53:24 pm »

Maybe you should dunk the rest of them in the lake? Maybe it's like conkers, try dunking in vinegar or baking in the oven for 20 minutes :-))

Actually, just in case people think I am serious... DONT DO ANY OF THE ABOVE!!!!
Listen politely, nod approvingly, then do what you want, works for me!

nick_75au

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 06:13:24 am »

Salt water doesn't kill packs, its a myth, what does happen is the tabs corrode away, leaving the battery still charged. your pack was not in long enough for this to happen, I dont know about the better performance, thats weird {:-{

You will probably find if the shrink wrap wasn't sealed and water got in there it will eventually corrode anyway, watch the balancing cable as well, I've had my pins corrode from sitting in fresh water during a run.

Nick

John Mk2

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 06:30:24 am »

Maybe you should dunk the rest of them in the lake? Maybe it's like conkers, try dunking in vinegar or baking in the oven for 20 minutes :-))

Actually, just in case people think I am serious... DONT DO ANY OF THE ABOVE!!!!

Cant do that  :o Vinegar (acid) Oven (heat) I might burn myself  {:-{ Have to inform the H.S.E first  %) Anyway if I did get away with it I might end up with Lipo (sixer) cells  ok2 Not fourers ! 

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 11:32:46 am »

Some folks are just lucky.  I had a 5 cell AAA NiMH pack go submerged in salt water.  It was an open sausage string arrangement, so all of the terminals got wet at the same time.  The positive-most cell was demolished, the next cell had its end blown out, with reducing damage down the string.  And that isn't with the disaster potential of Lithium.
Perhaps the salt water contact has caused the battery to tell the charger some little white lies, and its getting more charge than it used to?  Mother nature makes strange and random electronic components, usually with very uncertain properties.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

John Mk2

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 11:37:39 am »

It's still the most powerful & long lasting pak I have  ok2
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.