Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yeomans Wavemaster  (Read 2362 times)

j22mdr

Yeomans Wavemaster
« on: April 30, 2011, 07:54:09 pm »

This is my 1950s yeomans wavemaster still going strong. She is powered by a Torpedo 800 and a 3.2ah lead acid battery.

waverunner

Re: Yeomans Wavemaster
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 09:24:17 pm »

That looks just like a broads cruiser my parents hired many years ago.

brianB6

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 11:24:18 pm »

Ah! Fond memories of my father building one on the kitchen table to get me interested in the hobby.
It had a 'Bonds' electric motor and used the old 'bell' batteries.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 08:43:41 am »

That looks just like a broads cruiser my parents hired many years ago.

Haha was gonna say the same thing lol.
Mart

redcraftmodels

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 07:37:42 pm »

Hello j22mdr. What a great sight to see a Wavemaster from the 50's. We here in so Calif. had the plasuer to have one of countryman that had a very fine hobby shop, stocked with many of countrys kits airplanes, engines and boats. The Wavemaster,Sea commander, Sea Queen were very popular. Electric in 50's and 60's was not very popular. Untill Al Wood broght the Taplin Twin to us and Gannet we converted airplane engines to water cooled. We had some pepole that were quite inventive I E making single channel radio work a rudder and a throttle high or low speed. I have continued to build Boats and planes but as I get older I like the brain work that has to go into boat building. Going though 55 yr's of plans I found a set of Wavemaster plans and templets, So I'm building 2 one for electric the other for a O S 61 4 cycle converted to water cool and to ignition. Some day when I learn how to post pictures I will post some, to old to slow to learn this modern age. Reards Red.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.