Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A question for car nuts.  (Read 4884 times)

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
Re: A question for car nuts.
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2011, 07:06:18 pm »

No problems getting a new tyre. I've found that my main Toyota dealer (I have a Corolla) is a lot cheaper and more accommodating than the High Street lot. I wouldn't have minded so much if it had been one of the rear tyres as they both need replacing after 47,000 miles, but the damaged one has only 6000 miles on it! BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2011, 07:11:55 pm »

I can beat 6000 miles  {:-{

New tyre only on the car 2 days..I drove down the track to a local flying club...came home with a thorn in the side, just like your screw..no can fix said the tyre man...new tyre for you my lad  <:(

Never mind... the joys of motoring eh..!!!
Glad you have sorted the tyre without any problems, its always a worry if you need to visit the garage these days.
XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2011, 07:28:50 pm »

any building work in the area?

Peter

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2011, 07:50:51 pm »

As we are on odd tyre damage would it be OK for me to offer this one for 'analysis'...? !

This is recent, 22nd April, and was replaced with a new tyre...at a cost..!

Please move to a new thread if thought necessary.
J.

XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

Roadrunner

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2011, 08:50:48 am »

If the cops don;t wanna know, which is usually the case in most minor crimes nowadays (pathetic ain't it, remind us why we pay council tax?) get ya box of screws and do the same to all 4 of this punks car and watch the plod turn up on your door!

(not recommended unless you have big kahonas!)

But if your not into the revenge plot seek legal advice or keep phoning up the 'bling brigade' and make a complaint against them for and epic fail in public service! Be sure to keep a photo record of damage and repair costs.
Personally i would phone them and ask why there doing nothing about this and the simple phrase is ''are you refusing to come and deal with this crime, you know this phone call is recorded right?'' (watch them shift there butts to your door then!) remind them that should an accident happened because of damage made to the car that they have failed to save lifes and uphold the law and you will be seeking legal action not only against the party that caused the incident but the law too ....

Or next time u see a screw in a tire.... drive it into the back of a cop car, and when they asked what a happened you say '' well if you guys had did you job in the first place and sorted out the plonker who put the screw in my tire then i wouldn't have driven into the back of you!''  <*< <*< <*<

I have a story about a similar event that occurred at work a few years back, one guy had a habit of doing similar tactics to some of the guys cars ( don't know why he did it but he did) anyhow after a few light words in his ear about doing it again, it got worse, well on one of the night shifts a few of the lads picked up his car with the forklift and put it on top of a storage lockup and left it there, needless to say once he saw the car up there and begged to get it down he never trashed another car again!

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2011, 10:46:16 am »

As this has now escalated and Police will not get involved with "domestics"
My son-in-law spends most of his evening patrols dealing with "domestics" usually when hubby comes home from the pub.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.