Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this what makes Britain Great?  (Read 1110 times)

kiwimodeller

• Full Mayhemer
Is this what makes Britain Great?
« on: May 04, 2011, 12:05:54 pm »

I am looking to purchase some steam engines for my own use and to resell so I did the usual internet search. I then sent off emails to two American companies and three British companies. Both American companies came back to me overnight (remebering that we have a time difference of between 13 and 17 hours), I ordered off one and got invoiced by Paypal. I made the payment and was notified when it was shipped. Total elapsed time 32 hours. It is now 10 days since I first emailed one British company and 7 days for the other two and still I have no replies. I know you have had a royal wedding but _ _ _ _! Kind of reminds me of the demise of the motorcycle industry in Britain quickly followed by the car industry. What I fail to understand is why these companies bother to have websites if they do not reply to enquiries from them and yes I realise they are probably one man bands, so am I. Ian

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Is this what makes Britain Great?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 01:00:39 pm »

kiwimodeller ...I think we [in model marine steam market] as a small minority consumer group get a service relative to the manufacturers wishes...& my limited experience is.....

French engine manufacturers = prompt response, prompt shipment, after purchase assistance .... >>:-( near non existant [JMC] ...Anton has better response
Japanese engine manufacturer  >>:-( = need to deal with a 4 x fold purchasing tree & no direct access to the manufacturer for a response to a question  <:( [Saito]  <*< + a 12 week delivery?
UK engine manufacturers........I have not purchased any.....but from whom?
UK boiler builder = ACS Enginering = prompt response, prompt shipment....good to deal with & 100 A1 ...but no longer in business  <:(
UK accessories manufacturers? ....Forrest Classics = prompt response, prompt shipment....good to deal with & 100 A1 .. MacSteam has a 100 A1 reputation
German accessories manufacturers? ..... Winfried Niggle = prompt response, prompt shipment....good to deal with & 100 A1 reputation

<:( :P ..in a perfect world...my next build would have...... :kiss:

Saito engine
Macsteam boiler + accessories + gas tank + deoiler/condensor
JMC gas/steam regulation
Winfried Niggle lubricator + valving + tubing flanges + accessories  ...............Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.