Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Model slipway Tsekoa II  (Read 2964 times)

Boatbuilder2011

Model slipway Tsekoa II
« on: May 06, 2011, 12:28:14 pm »

Hello just asking a few questions as I'm new to boats I asked about plank on frame models but I came across this boat by model slipways and fell in love with it few questions on the kit how easy is it to install a bow thruster because reading westbourne models it says it has a non working bow thruster so I'm guessing u can fit one. Other questions are what is the kit like? How easy is it to get the Crain to move and what motors would be best to run in this as drive motors sorry for all the questions hopefully some one can help

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
Re: Model slipway Tsekoa II
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 02:49:06 pm »

http://www.modelslipway.com/

This will tell you all you need to know including motor options and build logs
Generally it is best to go to the kit makers (if in UK) and you are in UK
Jackie at Model Slipway will tell you all you  need to know and is very helpful

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Channel

• Full Mayhemer
    • Channel Images
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 05:42:59 pm »

It may be of interest to some to know that the real Tsekoa II is being rebuilt in Canada, this will include inserting a section into the hull that'll increase her length.

http://www.offshorewind.biz/2011/03/07/bmt-fleet-technology-to-develop-ccg-tsekoa-ii-for-university-of-victoria-canada/

Chris

Follow my blog - www.channelimages.com

balders

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 09:55:54 pm »

:-))Hi,
         I am a big fan of Model Slipway and have enjoyed building and sailing quite a few of thier models including Tsekoa.Any kit from MS is a joy to build with great hulls,castings and clear instruction manuals.I would install the recommended motors.I have in the past tried to save a few bob installing cheaper motors but it really is false economy.
                                                                                                                                                                                  I personally would'nt bother with a bow thruster unless you are building something really big.The same effect can be achieved using a mixer unit which will give you "tank steering",turn to port and the starboard motor slows or stops and vice versa.It will turn on a tanner.

We may all have differing opinions on the hardware we install.If you are a member of a club or find one close to you you will get lots of tips from members who will be only to glad to help you out.Good luck and whatever you build enjoy,and do it to suit yourself and no-one else and you will be happy.

Regards Andy (Balders)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.