Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: scams  (Read 1610 times)

regiment

scams
« on: May 08, 2011, 08:44:16 am »

to day received this e mail twice.. dhl will deliver a parcel in the next seven  days must be a scam have not ordered any thing any one else had this message

boater12

Re: scams
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 10:10:39 am »

I get the same nearly every day, it normally go's to the SPAM folder and I just delete it, also getting lots of emails from HSPC, Abbey National etc etc, saying that my account is suspendede, I don't even have accounts with these banks, its just a way of getting your personell details when you call them.

I did, however, get an email from the so-called Halifax (which is my bank) stating my account had been closed, I phoned them, explained what I had been sent via email, they futher investigated it and caught the person (somewhere in Africa) and I was rewarded with a nice 4 figure sum of money for my help  :-)) :-))

Jim.

Kleban

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 05:26:29 pm »

I too get similar dhl messages every week. I do not bother to open the email - I just delete them  <*<

PS ... another one I'm getting is from UPS parcel delivery. Same story, I just delete them  :}

regiment

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 06:16:54 pm »

thank you all for your replys

The long Build

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 06:21:44 pm »

I open nothing from any of the banks, even banks I bank with, if they have sent an email it will also be sent to your online banking messages box, They are the only ones I will read.. If by chance it was a genuine email which you have ignored the Bank will write to you.. As for delivery companies ups, dhl, fedex just ignore and delete..

john44

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 07:24:15 pm »

Hi all,
this is not a scam but a very important message I received from a friend There is a deadly virus called *Postcard From Hallmark*
it opens up a postcard image and burns the whole of the hard disc C of your computer.
There is no repair for this kind of virus. If you receive a message called Postcard even from a friend,shut your computer
down immediately

This is the worst virus announced by the CNN.

This is not a joke.

john

Jonty

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 08:04:01 pm »

Try googling "Hallmark virus" before panicking.
I eat my peas with honey,
I've done it all my life;
It makes the peas taste funny,
But it keeps 'em on the knife.

ixion

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 08:18:35 pm »

pugwash

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 08:23:06 pm »

This alleged "postcard" virus has been on the go since 2008 and has been found to be a hoax
though there are similar virus with similar names that are genuine
DON'T GO ROUND CAUSING UNNECCESARY PANICS

Geoff

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 08:55:35 pm »

Ignoring the spoof bank emails is good, better is to forward them to
 email@actionfraud.org.uk
where the authorities can give them a coat of looking at.

While there was (maybe still is) a Hallmark Card malicious link email, nowadays a virus that just destroys your machine is pointless.  The bad guy doesn't make money.  Rather, badly updated Windows PCs are targeted so that they can be used by remote control to knock big business sites off line (Dispersed Dedicated Denial of Service).  When you think about it, an instant PC destroyer would never get passed on.  Its host would be put out of action before it could proliferate.  Best to send it back where it came from.  Reply All is good.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 22 queries.