Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice sought: XList Plans - MM483 'Misdeeds'  (Read 2739 times)

PMK

Advice sought: XList Plans - MM483 'Misdeeds'
« on: May 09, 2011, 07:15:43 pm »

http://www.myhobbystore.co.uk/product/22148/mm483-misdeeds

Has anyone built, or perhaps have any knowledge of, this particular model? I am trying to research the very basics, such as overall length and beam, but to no avail so far. Any help/any information at all would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Advice sought: XList Plans - MM483 'Misdeeds'
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 08:14:23 pm »

According to my 1975 Plans Handbook Mis'Deeds was a Vic Smeed design 12.5 inches long and 4 inches beam. The plan includes notes on both clinker and flush planked construction.

Hope this helps.

Colin

PMK

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 09:06:21 pm »

Thanks for coming back so quickly with your reply, Mr Bish' - very much obliged.
Although, I'm a tad disappointed because, for reasons of which I'm not exactly sure, I had the impression (were hoping) that the dimensions would be at least three or maybe even four times larger. Of the two printshops around here, one has now ceased trading, and the only remaining one is reluctant to enlarge plansheets unless vast amounts of £££ is involved. A fellow forum member suggested I try using a local signwriter company when I needed a copy of my Huntsman plans. I tried his suggestion but they too are only interested in charging rip-off prices.
So now I'm in lumber - will just have to put the Misdeeds project on hold unless I can find a reasonably affordable way of enlarging those original dimensions.

Again, many thanks for wising me up. Your know-how is much appreciated.

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 09:10:51 pm »

According to the Handbook, it has been built as a cigarette case.....

Colin

PMK

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 09:21:18 pm »

Interesting. Since all the malarkey with my ticker, the cardiologist has been yelling and telling me to quit smoking. I'm trying my best but, boy, that old nicotine habit sure is a bummer to break. I guess I could build the model to the original dimensions and perhaps use it to stash my baccy..... even though you should not be encouraging me to smoke. ok2
Anyways, thanks once again for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 23 queries.