Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A 'new to me' Brave Boarderer.  (Read 2538 times)

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
A 'new to me' Brave Boarderer.
« on: May 08, 2011, 01:32:38 pm »

I acquired an MTB Brave Boarder yesterday, it is quite an old boat I think, there is an Acoms 27mhz RX in there…

Externally the boat is in excellent condition, all the fittings appear to be present, the glue which was used to hold the torpedoes has dried out on the portside 2, (they are still attached with fine wire or thread…attention to detail here…

I’ll consider replacing all the gear after some testing…when I find some batteries.

Some photo’s…

:-)
XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
Re: A 'new to me' Brave Boarderer.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 04:47:56 pm »

I had to go out this afternoon, when I came back I looked at the MTB and thought....

Next, this occured...

As you can see, the ballast will have to go...!

Now what do we do next...ooops I wasn't asking 'Q's here, wrong thread...wrong forum..silly me  %)

ok2
J.

XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

philk

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 09:24:50 pm »

i think thats a perkasa not a brave borderer

front of superstructure is flush on the bb

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 10:28:21 pm »

Hi, To be honest I don't know, It was advertised as BB and the stand has a 'name plate' on.

I'm not concered either way, I'll take some more photo's if you like ?

Cheers

John.

sailorboy61

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 07:59:08 pm »

Tend to agree Phil, Perkasa.... certainly all the fittings etc are identical to my Perkasa.

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 09:19:13 pm »

Tend to agree Phil, Perkasa.... certainly all the fittings etc are identical to my Perkasa.

All comments welcome..! I'm prepared to go along with your opinion...Its probably a Precedent Perkasa kit, 37".

Here a quick pic if the stand...I've sharpened it a little...quite a tough job without spending some time to get a good shot but this will do I reckon...!

I saw this for sale and as it was not far away from my home I bought it, I'm very happy with the boat and intend to run it at the lake we sailed at in the late 60's.

I expect you have electric power, any info on this would be most welcome, I did think a diesel would be appropriate and the lake is suitable but we have to be practical.

thanks for your post :-))

J.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.