Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Have u fuel in your tank?  (Read 3678 times)

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
Have u fuel in your tank?
« on: May 08, 2011, 10:10:27 am »

Fuel price protest starting today...fill your tank...

J.
XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

Roadrunner

Re: Have u fuel in your tank?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 01:18:05 pm »

I have serious doubts that any protesting done will change the fuel hike for the better. A friend of mine State side was telling me last night they went $5 to the gallon.... although cheap in our economy in theirs apparently its a disaster, and your unlikely to change the whole worlds fuel prices.

Only way to drop em is to stop using fuel, no profit for company's their more likely to drop the costs,(err yeah right.... greedy buggers the lot of em) what ever happened to cycling to work like i used to?

I think however its worth going a tobacco protest had to pay £7.80 for 25g of GV on Tuesday .. I remember the times when i could buy 50g for £5.50! mind you i can survice without a car, doubt i would make it a week without smoke  {-) {-) >>:-(

Jimmy James

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 02:16:17 pm »

The price of a barrel of crude has just dropped by over £14 a barrel,   :D it cost's approx £00.50 to make a gallon of diesel so why has my local petrol station just put up the price of fuel by £00.03 a Litre  >:-o ...And don't give me the rubbish that the price cuts take time to filter through . >>:-(.. they are quick as a flash to put the price up... <*<. the Oil companys have made billions in profits  at our expence    >>:-( Years ago we used to hang people for highway robbery ....Why don't we start again???

Freebooter
Retired  Ships Officer/ Master.
Experience: 50+ years at sea under Sail, Steam & Motor
Kings Lynn

nhp651

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 07:05:26 pm »

what ever happened to cycling to work like i used to?

ya get knocked off it by nutters rushin to fill up their tanks at the nearest garage without a fuel que, >>:-( <*< <*< <*< {-) {-) {-)

kiwi

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 07:21:16 pm »

What are you complaining about?
Filled my car last week, only $10us a gallon.
And you think your being ripped off.
cheers
kiwi

triumphjon

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 07:30:13 pm »

what do you hope to acheive by panic buying ? instead of whining when the transport industry chooses to blockade the fuel storage depots , or makes a rolling road block on the motorways at rush hour , GO AND SHOW YOUR SUPPORT  , the country cant arrest and lock everybody up , they havnt got enough room ! the only way this government will listen is if the whole of its popultation stands together !

Roadrunner

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 07:35:12 pm »

what ever happened to cycling to work like i used to?

ya get knocked off it by nutters rushin to fill up their tanks at the nearest garage without a fuel que, >>:-( <*< <*< <*< {-) {-) {-)

Aye then the fun begins, start with legal action and some cash in ya pocket from being knocked down, then there are two possibility after either he goes to prison for ABH or something similar leaving one less person who can't buy fuel or his premiums go up on insurance and he can't afford to run the car anyway, either way its better to cycle  {-) %% {:-{ >>:-( {-) {-)

class37

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 07:42:40 pm »

knowing this government they'd release all the thieves, rapists, murderers and terrorists to make room for the protesters.

after all, got to protect their prospective employers for when they get chucked out.

they will never act against the fuel companies any more than they will against the banks.

we have to buy fuel and use the car, have you tried to use public transport ?

it takes me 20mins to get to work in the car, by train it would take treble the time by the time I've walked to the station, and from the station to work. same on the return journey. And that is if they haven't cancelled it.

weekends it would mean an hour wait when I finish at 0700 before the first train.

and where I use about £20 in fuel, arrive dry and ready to go, it would cost £39 by train, and with our weather probably wet and cold.

so, basically they have us by the short and curlies !

bikerdude666

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 09:04:57 pm »

What are government supposed to do? It's a global increase, the oil companies being more greedy, the government have always taken alot of tax, if they reduce fuel duty they'll only add it on somewhere else to make up the short fall.

If they reduce the fuel by 5p a litre, people will still moan about the price and they will lose millions in tax, they'll get from somewhere else anyway.

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 08:26:18 am »

I understand it was a flop..not many turned up...I haven't seen any news myself, the info came from my wife..?

Wonder if someone was paid off...or.... O0
XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 08:37:42 am »

Fuel price protest starting today...fill your tank...

J.

Has anyone thought this might be a cunning plan by the government and fuel companies?

Spread the rumour there's going to be blockades/protests everyone panic buys fuel "Just in case" spending more than they would normally. Extra profits for the Fuel comapny quick injection of extra cash into the governments coffers

Simples

Just because Im paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get me :D

One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 09:03:41 am »

Previous protests were inspired by the Tory Party/Tory supporting companies against the Labour Government, now of course they are in charge they don't back these protests....

They did reduce the tax by 1p..remember :embarrassed:

Jimmy James

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 10:20:17 am »

All this is a load of rubbish, Any government has the power to put a cap on the max cost of a gallon / Litre of fuel,, unfortunately the oil company's have so much power that the collective governments are frightend to death of them. Instead of standing up to them they Kow Tow to them and (more than likely ) pocket a back hander not to be awkward.
Freebooter
Retired  Ships Officer/ Master.
Experience: 50+ years at sea under Sail, Steam & Motor
Kings Lynn

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 10:32:06 am »

OK, I'll reveal my source of the info I received on Sunday morning at around 9am, My son was traveling down the M6 and saw (I understand from him) that this protest was about to get underway shortly, he is away until Wednesday trucking around the country, I'll find out what he saw when I see him, I only have text and email contact and occasionally phone calls.

I filled my ruddy Jag up on Sunday morning as well...I'll throttle him when he gets back  <*<

Not really... his intentions were good a least  :}

J.

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble

Roadrunner

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 10:52:52 am »

So much for a fuel blockade then to get what you want! typical of most British, all mouth no action.  %)

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 11:02:43 am »

In the past, the "Protests" have been met with heavy policing, so despite the "Masses" geting involved, the results were always going to end in tears for the populace. Given that the Police and Armed forces are being reduced in numbers there probably aren't going to be enough to go round all the depots.

Just make sure that if you protest, you're not selling Newspapers or carrying a bottle of water and a mobile phone. :-))

Regards  Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

nhp651

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 11:22:39 am »

They did reduce the tax by 1p..remember :embarrassed:

yep ! their great budget give away.......and don't they keep reminding us...............and what did they say.

they'd regulate the price so that if it went up from the oil companies, they would reduce it by taxing those same companies, to keep it level.

since the budget it's gone up at my local by 9pence a litre..........another promise broken.

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2011, 11:56:45 am »

So pleased I left england...... "Only" have to pay €1.59l here lol

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2011, 12:21:25 pm »

So pleased I left england...... "Only" have to pay €1.59l here lol

What's that in real money... :P

ok2

How's it going over there in Finland ? have you got the V8 yet...photo's.. ???

J.

bulldog1966

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2011, 12:28:09 pm »

we are running fuel block aids to guys for you bout time this govermement took notice of its people that live in this country .we brought britian to stand still in three days .why is it fuels arcross the water is only 48 pence a litre and the price over hear [ well dont need to tell you  <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< dame dear but no mater what we will try to help you all so dont shout at truck drivers this is for your benifit guys see what we can do this time  %% %% %% %%

pugwash

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 12:59:29 pm »

The fuel across which water is only 48p ??????

Geoff

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2011, 01:24:16 pm »

What's that in real money... :P

ok2

How's it going over there in Finland ? have you got the V8 yet...photo's.. ???

J.

According to X-Rates today its about £1.40

The car will be here end of next week :D

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2011, 04:06:47 pm »

According to X-Rates today its about £1.40

The car will be here end of next week :D

I paid £1.369p ....or umm ..£1.37p ...per litre...on Sunday morning, er s'cuse me I drive 'miles' and only understand 'gallons'....why do they have to complicate everything <*<

Never mind, don't let them get you down...!!!

J.

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2011, 04:37:01 pm »

Filled up on my way home.... I lied €1.66 a litre today
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.