Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fishing Vessel EMMA LOUISE - TO50  (Read 3521 times)

boater12

Fishing Vessel EMMA LOUISE - TO50
« on: May 12, 2011, 10:48:53 pm »

I have just been browsing fishing boat sites and seen a nicely looking crabbing boat called the EMMA LOUISE with a registration of TO50, does anyone know why some working boats are painted white as surely rust is most visable on this colour vessel ?

Its purely out of interest  :-))

Jim.

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Fishing Vessel EMMA LOUISE - TO50
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 11:03:38 pm »

Skipper personal choice is the normal reason for the colour of any fishing boat.

There were many hundred Danish style anchor seiners that worked out of Hull and Grumsby from the late 1940's up to the 1990's and these were usually painted light blue , the main reason was that the colour was thought to help keep the inside of the boat cool.

The Emma Louise is a vivier crab boat , she keeps her crabs alive by keeping them in a tank of sea water ( constantly being refreshed with water being pumped through from the sea ) so the white colour will be to keep the working deck cool in the summer.

When you cover in a fishing boat like this one then in the summer the working deck can get very very hot so painting the shelterdeck white is very common and is done to help keep the boat as cool as possible

^^ (c) Martin Johns and is hosted on www.trawlerphotos.co.uk and linked here using img tags
Davie Tait,
Scotland

boater12

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 11:08:23 pm »

Thank you for your help  :-))

I guess this is why merchant engineers wear white overalls ? To reflect the heat from the engines ......

She is a fine looking boat all the same, where is TO registered at ?

Jim.

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 11:48:07 pm »

TO is Truro Jim I think she's based in Newlyn
Davie Tait,
Scotland

boater12

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 11:53:33 pm »

Thanks Davie Tait for your reply, I was thinking Torbay, not to good on registrations  :embarrassed: Thats a great photo you have edited to your post, and like I said WHITE SHOWS RUST  {-) {-) {-)

How does the skipper see over the bow  :o :o

The water discharing just above the waterline, is this the water tank pump for the crabs ?

Jim.

ps, Learning all the time  ok2
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.