Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HMS Ark Royal  (Read 2553 times)

HMS Ark Royal 4

HMS Ark Royal
« on: May 13, 2011, 06:41:23 pm »

Hi Everyone

My name is John or commonly known as Willo my Navy nickname was Bungy with my surname being Williams

I am new to the site i thought i would share with you some photos of HMS Ark Royal which i served on, my cousin steve is building from scratch and from original plans she is being built from the 1961/63 commission he has been building her for the past two years and should be ready for sailing at the end of the year, steve is a quality builders like yourselves i just get involved with the research which i enjoy, i have a few more photos of other parts ready for her fitting out if you are interested.

Yarpie

Re: HMS Ark Royal
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 08:57:37 pm »

Hi John,

welcome to the forum.

What scale is ARK ROYAL? It looks to be either 1:96 or 1:72 scale.

Served in her myself, 1973-75.

Yarpie.

brianB6

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 11:45:19 pm »

"Them's mighty nice cannon"  :-))
Please post lots more pictures as this looks like it's going to be a really good build.

HMS Ark Royal 4

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 06:08:05 pm »

HMS Ark Royal Scale is 1/128 i have posted some more pictures of her some more to follow

John

keef666

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 04:02:12 pm »

Well John, i did as you asked, and here i be,  just want to say to all members, you have to really see this model in the flesh, its just Stunning! well done Steve, your are a master builder, thankfully you can't bake cakes!  {-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 20 queries.