Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brushed set up, whatcha reckon?  (Read 1470 times)

Nige52

Brushed set up, whatcha reckon?
« on: May 15, 2011, 06:22:59 pm »

I'm about to receive an MFA Piranha, minus any fittings whatsoever. I want to build it in the traditional way using a brushed set-up and racing  7.2v Nimh packs.
So to achieve the best speeds out of this hull, I'm considering a Graupner motor around 600 size and a good quality stuffing tube and propshaft, the prop I haven't decided on yet..
I don't want to go any higher than 600 size even though I have a spare 700bb turbo knocking about somewhere, so could someone recommend to me just which particular 600 motor would be the best for this purpose? Also recommend me a quality shaft and prop to use with this? I do get a little confused as to the merits of a speed 600, a 600 race, a 600 eco and a 600 bb......I want speed from the boat, perhaps there is a more racey motor than a Graupner?
Any comments?
Cheers
Nige

gregk9

• Full Mayhemer
    • Chasewater Model Boat Club
Re: Brushed set up, whatcha reckon?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 05:35:48 pm »

id of thought a good 600 motor, with a 35 or possibly a 40 x prop would work fine Nige, but maybe need to push the boat out and go for 9.6v battery pack though. You mayb epushing thinsg to get sufficient out of a 7.2 pack.
Best wishes.

Steve. G.
Treasurer & Membership Secretary:  Chasewater Model Boat Club
http://chasewatermbc.blogspot.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.