Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are boaters not up to speed?  (Read 8008 times)

RaaArtyGunner

Re: Are boaters not up to speed?
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2011, 10:51:37 pm »

Being a little older and experienced in/with both worlds, namely without the PC and with, caution is required with Internet etc.
Recall it all was to do away with paper and give us more free time ad nauseum etc.
The reality is when the systems/technology crashes and it/they do almost daily somewhere chaos reigns supreme because everything is locked and dependant to it. Talk to those who don't get paid because of computer crashes and banks can't dispense money via ATM's
So it is not wrong to be against it what is wrong is to take a stance without analysing both sides of the equation particularly those who know no better and have been raised/born in this technological revolution <:( <:( <:( So what is wrong with a boater still using all 'old' perfectly functioning gear, eg why should I throw away my NiMh/gel cells and use lipos. Aren't I up to speed.
As for the interenet any Idiot can post to it, you have to have the faculties to discern if it rubbish or not for example I can post to Wikipedia, what are my credentials for this, namely I have a PC an internet connection and I can one finger type, yippee I am now a expert contributor to an Encyclopedia. %% %% %% {-) {-) {-)
As i said this current generation will believe it all as they know no better.
Yes boaters are up to speed but some of them are smarter  O0 O0 O0 %% %% %%
Here endeth the lesson.

rmaddock

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2011, 07:39:58 am »

So what is wrong with a boater still using all 'old' perfectly functioning gear, eg why should I throw away my NiMh/gel cells and use lipos.

Nothing is wrong with that at all. Not a sausage.
I used to run an old LandRover. It guzzled petrol but nobody every persuaded me of the "eco friendly" option; that I should renew it for renewal's sake. As long as the old stuff does what you want it to do, keep using it 'till it dies.

What am I doing on here at this time on a Monday morning?

furball

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2011, 11:40:32 am »

I used to run an old LandRover.

I still do... :-))

Lance
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 19 queries.