Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: u boat probs  (Read 7698 times)

silent running556

Re: u boat probs
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2011, 08:16:16 pm »

Funny you should say that coz the bloke in the shop said the same thing. The red wire from the main batteries go into it and then a red wire from the ESC connects up to it too. i assume it was to prevent components from being fried, hence the scorch mark on the underside. Do you think the wires for the motors look correct?

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2011, 08:58:22 pm »

Is the relay for switching on the main power supply from the transmitter? If so, its not needed. You can wire the ESC to the main battery with a simple switch/plug to make and break the connection manually.
Cant really tell anything about the wiring from those photos really. However is pretty should be pretty straight forward to diagnose.

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2011, 09:41:45 am »

The motors look okay from what I can see there. But many of the shots are poorly focused or lack sufficient coverage. I agree the relay seems to be superfluous. I'd rather have the boat in front of me to check over the whole installation than try and diagnose this by proxy.

silent running556

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2011, 01:05:03 pm »

I try to pop it along on the 11th anyway.

silent running556

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2011, 03:24:27 pm »

Some very good news, i tried the system without the relay and it all started up, even the ESC lit up with a red light, the servos moved and the motors even started and revved to the transmitter, i could have hit my head on the ceiling when the servos jumped. I think i'll get a replacement relay to be on the safe side and try to finish off the rest of the u-boat, thanks everyone for your support and knowledge on the subject. I loathe this remote keyboard it makes me sound like Rainman. %) :} :-))

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2011, 07:06:22 pm »

You dont need a Tx controlled relay, a simple plug like a Deans connector will do.

silent running556

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2011, 03:56:47 pm »

Oh pants, now my rear end doesn't line up properly, the I beam bits push the mid section slightly out of shape and so doesn't like the back section very much at the moment. I've found some old car paint from my old Clio too and some primer, could be half tungsten met grey and Subaru silver after all. {-)

silent running556

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2011, 07:15:13 pm »

Is there a better way to join the rear to the mid section by any chance and keep it shaped correctly?

silent running556

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2011, 03:40:23 pm »

Has anyone got a piccy of how the tubes on the stern tube fix up please? I've got a nice hole through my book etc thanks to my pup and so can't see how the silicone tubes etc connect on to the stern tubes. A bit of soldering i think think. BTW Can you shrink the shrink wrap without a heat gun at all?

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2011, 04:12:33 pm »

Most hairdryers will do it, or slide the metal shank of a soldering iron on the heatshrink tubing.

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2011, 05:16:00 pm »

You can heatshrink with just about any heat source, even the soldering iron you use to solder the wires together with. However I find I get the most consistent results with a heat gun. You can get them very cheaply these days, think I only paid a tenner for mine.

Andy

silent running556

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2011, 09:44:49 pm »

thanks guys, my motors are going the wrong way too.

trevor v

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2011, 09:54:19 pm »

all you have to do is swop the leads over on the motors(black & red on the motors not motor to motor)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.