Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hi guys  (Read 2453 times)

rcecos

hi guys
« on: May 16, 2011, 10:22:55 pm »

ok as posted b4 i am new to the boat side of models
but i am wondering about a petrol boat and ive hunted the web as such but would like to know where is the best place to buy
a race ready speed boat or so on
and what sort of price would i be looking at
thanks

Roadrunner

Re: hi guys
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 10:58:23 pm »

First things first...

1. Check to make sure that IC engine's (petrol/nitro) are not banned on your local lake(s)

2. If your heading down that road join your local club, not only for help but for insurance reasons too!

3. If you wish to go solo... get your own insurance, because if your new to this side of the hobby or even if your not your going to need it!

When you can answer #1 with yes and at least one of the other two with either' i have joined my local club' or 'yes i have looked into insurance policys and am in the process of getting 3rd party liability' come back and ask the question again.

But i'm sure someone will answer your question before you do all that...  %)

rcecos

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 11:02:28 pm »

well its a yes to 2 out of three lol

Roadrunner

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 11:09:25 pm »

http://www.prestwich.ndirect.co.uk/

This should point you in the right direction

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 12:47:45 pm »

ok as posted b4 i am new to the boat side of models
but i am wondering about a petrol boat and ive hunted the web as such but would like to know where is the best place to buy
a race ready speed boat or so on
and what sort of price would i be looking at
thanks

Hi de hi
If you join the BMPRS for £10.00 for your 1st year & £8.00 there after thats your insurance shorted out. I don't know where you are but you can run both Nitro & petrol boats on our lake at Stevenage Thurs afternoon & Sunday morns 9 am till 12 noon.
As to where you get a race boat? This depends on what you are looking for. Agian contact BMPRS as we sometimes have a boat or two members are selling.
I hope this helps?? If not pm me and I will give you my phone number so we can chat.
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

John Mk2

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 12:51:39 pm »

And here non I.C boat's If needs be  ;)

John Mk2

scoop

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 01:16:24 pm »

Hi de hi
If you join the BMPRS for £10.00 for your 1st year & £8.00 there after thats your insurance shorted out. I don't know where you are but you can run both Nitro & petrol boats on our lake at Stevenage Thurs afternoon & Sunday morns 9 am till 12 noon.
As to where you get a race boat? This depends on what you are looking for. Agian contact BMPRS as we sometimes have a boat or two members are selling.
I hope this helps?? If not pm me and I will give you my phone number so we can chat.

BMPRS website is www.bmprs.co.uk  :-))
Scoop
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.