Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RMS TITANIC  (Read 3174 times)

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
RMS TITANIC
« on: May 19, 2011, 05:59:08 pm »

Ahoy
               Here is my Rc scratch built 1/8th scale RMS TITANIC the model is 10feet in length powered by 3 12 volt Dumas electric motors. this behemoth requires a boat trailer to haul around to the metro lake.

Franklyn Day
                                                            Retired U.S. NAVY BMC

Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
Re: RMS TITANIC
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 08:03:03 pm »

Hello Deckape and welcome to Mayhem.

That is certainly one of the best versions of Titanic that I have seen. Well done on such a splendid job. At a scale of 1:88  I would imagine she was quite heavy to be up on a wall, I do hope it's safe.

Do you have any construction pictures taken when you were building her ? I would be interested in seeing any as I am building her myself at half the size of yours and I imagine you believe me when I say, it ain't easy. Are you in the Titanic Research and Modelling association, as this is where I get loads of help.

Regards

ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 09:04:00 pm »

Hello Deckape and welcome to Mayhem.

That is certainly one of the best versions of Titanic that I have seen. Well done on such a splendid job. At a scale of 1:88  I would imagine she was quite heavy to be up on a wall, I do hope it's safe.

Do you have any construction pictures taken when you were building her ? I would be interested in seeing any as I am building her myself at half the size of yours and I imagine you believe me when I say, it ain't easy. Are you in the Titanic Research and Modelling association, as this is where I get loads of help.

Regards

Ahoy Ken
                 As to the build of m titanic I had no build pictures of here this was built way before the event of computors. I built this in 1983 from Abe taubmans plan service. No sir I am not a member of the titanic research modeling site. I never visit that site i must check it out to see what they have compared to my build . without the 2 12 volt batteries she weights 48 pounds. My wife wanted it mounted on the wall it is her favorite ship model I amagin she watched the movie so it got her attention. I had metal stud anchors driven through our wall to hold the weight. It hasn,t been in the water for 17 years. But thinking this summer it would be a good time to take her out for a sail.

Thanks Boats :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

ken

Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

nhp651

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 09:30:09 pm »

wow! that looks superb...........more pictures please...can't wait. :-))
neil.

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 08:58:04 pm »

Hi Franklyn,

You have done a great job. She looks lovely. I was surprised by the weight.

I do not have any professional plans as they are to expensive these days. (over $200) so I am scratch building from pictures and data that I've collected, with the help of the Society. The 100th anniversary is next April so I might be ready by then.  %)

I would love to see, and I'm sure the Mayhemers would be interested in some close up shots if you have the time.

Cheers for now

Ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

Subsonuc Mike

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 01:03:27 pm »

WOW %%

great work anymore pic's

Paularai

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 09:27:25 pm »

Excelent work, great to see another liner in relative 'minature'!

thebackways

• Shipmate
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 01:43:04 am »

Dear Santa....  :}

Boathound

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 09:36:34 pm »

Beautiful job, now that is a work of love!

Please please put it on a more secure looking shelf, I keep thinking all it needs is one  little knock or vibration on that little pertch......
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 22 queries.