Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RCMK straight drive prop shaft  (Read 2505 times)

dougal

RCMK straight drive prop shaft
« on: May 18, 2011, 12:10:11 am »

I recently completed an Esprite, deep-V, OMRA-type boat powered by a RCMK EVO on a straight drive prop shaft.
The boat performs well (IMHO) and I look forward to my first race at Willen Lake on Sunday 22nd May (if the Royal Mail can deliver a couple of urgently required spares by Friday!)
The set up instructions are for an 80/90 sized nitro motor with a shaft angle of 8.6 degrees. After much filing and fiddling I managed to get the angle down to 10 degrees. Iansboats supplied the shaft, coupling, M8/M6 thread adaptor and a shaft/motor jig to ensure the components are all in alignment.
I guess the proof of the pudding will be to see how it works on Sunday at Willen but in the meantime I would be pleased to know what fellow boaters make of the set up  :-)

gwa84

Re: RCMK straight drive prop shaft
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 01:22:23 am »

looking good nice to see a sub sefice drive being used

bulldog1966

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 02:18:18 am »

serface drive gwa the way to go got you converted hehehe hang in there bro .pipedreams kick but hehe

gwa84

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 10:26:50 am »

lol bit its getting way expensive

eny picks of her on the water

dougal

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 11:00:55 am »

Yes GWA, it has cost 'more than I had expected'....the hull, engine, hardware and radio are just the start. Balsa, gel coat, resin, tools, drill bits, wet 'n' dry paper, linkages, silicone tube, brass tube, aluminium angle, etc, etc, etc. The only part that constitutes a bargain was the action man from a charity shop for £1. Even he needed surgery and his arm cavities filled with epoxy before being bolted in position  %%
I'll try and get some action pics at Willen on Sunday

bulldog1966

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 12:25:13 pm »

if you wanted action men should of said got loads kicking round house .serface drive is expensive but the way to go you will see the diferance in performance and speed toltaly diferant from conven shaft if you look on ebay promise hobbys there in china they got a lot of good stuff gwa just got twin rudder set up stinger shaft teflon liner quator inch flexi cable for forty five quid there good stuff out there just got to hunt it down dont be afraid to pm me or gwa if you get stuck

bigtee

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 10:43:56 pm »

hi dougal

good lookin set up you have there , just a quick pointer if you plan to race on sunday ,,,, make sure your race numbers are the correct size and format   :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

cheers tony

dougal

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 10:20:42 pm »

Will do - looking forward to Sunday, its like being five years old and waiting for Xmas %%
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 20 queries.