Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: how do you make the torpedo fire  (Read 7938 times)

Daemon

Re: how do you make the torpedo fire
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2011, 03:24:33 pm »

WWW.pt-boat.com has images and an explanation of how he made sime working ones. The motors from a pager would suffice, as would hearing aid batteries.

Daemon.

NickKK

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2011, 02:34:19 pm »

My torp works well enough, made it from a test tube. I can get the toro to run straight...ish by adjusting the fins to compensate for the motor torque... well enough that is don't just spin until the battery dies ... Not gotten around to much else just lately ... Wife decided I need to re-model the house and not my boats ....

bobk

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2011, 03:15:04 pm »

"Wife decided I need to re-model the house"
At what scale Nick ?  After all, in the museum at Beale Park there is a model of the museum . . .  :}

NickKK

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2011, 12:36:18 am »

Laughing .... 1:1................. You did ask !!!

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2011, 01:22:57 am »

Remember 1:1 is true scale  and accurate %) %) %)

tassie48

« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2011, 09:09:00 am »

my 1/6 th scale Schnellboot has a torpedo that s 100mm x 1128 mm and is fired via a engine shut down  solenold that shuts down a truck diesel engine that is spring loaded and fires the torpedo out about 1.5 metres using a double spring gets it over triple the throw out side the tube my 1/35 model used a boot trunk release solenold like the one on a key ring to open the boot of a car.
Hooks under the torpedo and throws it down the tube safety switch is conected to the bow doors as the torpedo is radio controlled props spin once its moving out side the tube just have to time the run so the bath bomb goes off at a safe distance from the model and explodes tassie 48
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 21 queries.