Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Caldercraft Northlight  (Read 2379 times)

steamshed

Caldercraft Northlight
« on: June 05, 2011, 04:37:10 pm »

Hi All
Having built the Northlight and using an electronize motor 543-12 low drain on 6v jelly with 40mm 3 blade prop, it needs full throttle just to move it around, can anyone please suggest a better alternative
Thanks
Mike
PS all the electrics stay cool.

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
Re: Caldercraft Northlight
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 05:20:48 pm »

Might be better with a  prop with a bit more pitch. Have a look at the prop shop range.

steamshed

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 07:48:13 pm »

Thanks for that Sub

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 09:09:49 pm »

Please check that your Esc is giving full power. Check by connecting motor direct to battery. Possibly you
could increase battery voltage, subject of course to motor and esc limits . John.

Roadrunner

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 10:35:30 pm »

Please check that your Esc is giving full power. Check by connecting motor direct to battery. Possibly you
could increase battery voltage, subject of course to motor and esc limits . John.

Good advice...

Remember the electronize range of esc have a 'speed' screw top right i think you should adjust this when the esc is receiving the transmitters signal for full throttle, there is also a 'L-V-H' screw hole which i expect is set to V at present which is 'variable' you may wish to turn this up to H ( high) and see if anything improves with the adjustment of those two settings.

Be sure to follow the instructions that came with the esc as i typed this out by memory of setting up a club member's recently and be careful with the screw adjustments use a watch makers flat head screw driver ( 2mm head i think).

If after all that has failed to do anything worth while, then look at changing the prop to either a larger pitch or smaller prop 35- 38mm as a good starting point, buy plastic ones to start with once you have a good setting then purchase the prop in brass its cheaper in the long run for 'experimenting'.

If none of those do anything.... try upgrading to a 600 size motor as they can still be used with your esc which i'm assuming is a 15amp? if its the 30 or 40amp esc you can go much higher in motor size 800-850's but this may be to much power!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.