Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 1283 times)

bat44

• Full Mayhemer
« on: June 07, 2011, 10:46:47 am »

Hello  my  name is Steve and I live in Swindon up until recently I used to exhibit stationary engines, I used to have a few so went to a lot of shows but now because of illness (I have MS) I have had to sell off all of my engines because I am no longer strong enough to carry them nor to start them.
I have always been interested in boats models and the larger type I used to own a sea hog fishing boat a long while ago but now I am going to start making and displaying model boats, I am a novice when it comes to models but I am a willing learner and because I am medically retired  I have a lot of time to read either when I am at home or when away in my motorhome. I may even be on the look out for some model boats to buy as long as they are interesting.
Best regards to all members
Steve %)

ayrshire andy

Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 11:23:33 am »

Welcome Steve!

Good to have you on our cracking Forum where friendliness, expertise, variety, inspiration, questions and answers and above all boats of all kinds abound, you will be able to have a lot of fun on here! Whether you're into kits, scratchbuilding, Ready To Run, racing or converting/improving existing boats the Masterclasses show what can be done and we are a great place to seek, find, invent, build/improve, show, buy or sell the boat of your dreams...and think about what the next one is going to be! %)

Cheers,

Andy

nhp651

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 12:31:56 pm »

hi steve,

you don't say where your interests lie in the sphere of models boats, but have said that in the past you have had a 1 to 1 fishing boat.

from what i understand of M.S, you might find at times , difficulty in holding small objects.
the reason i ask this is to firstly narrow down a scale that you might be comfortable in working with.

if my assumption is correct, you might find a little difficulty at times in working with small scale and fidly bits.
i do appologise if i am incorrect, but there are some splendid boat hulls especially fishing boats such as the CYGNUS boats on offer from andy grigg at www.modelsbydesign.co.uk  , and in larger scales, or you might fancy a lifeboat at 1;12 or 1;16 scale of which there are manufacturers of both scales around..
i hope i haven't been too presumptuous with your illness, just trying to point you in a direction that might help.

all the best, and enjoy the forum.

neil.

bat44

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 04:17:52 pm »

Hi Neil yes you  are right I do some time have difficulty holding small objects but I am a very lucky man in the respect that I have a very good woman at my side and she supports me in every thing I do and she has a very steady hand when it comes to painting small details onto things. I have an interest in working type boats such as life boats, Police  and the like I would like to build up a collection and then start going to shows an exhibiting them.
Regards
Steve

nhp651

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 06:25:06 pm »

hi steve.
there are many many choices in the area that you like then...multi choices in pilot bpats, lifeboats fishing boats, all at decently large scales, and a good read through this forum will not only bring projrcts to the fore, but likewise a good number of kit, hull and semi kit suppliers that might be of interest to you.
if you have a particular type of boat in mind just give anyone on here a shout and help will come in......good luck.

neil.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 21 queries.