Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Radio Controlled Model Boats. com  (Read 28324 times)

jimmy2310

Re: Radio Controlled Model Boats. com
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2011, 01:49:30 pm »

Same goes for me too.

Jimmy

pugwash

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2011, 02:26:53 pm »

Alan you should put the build log of the shrimper on here - it is a lovely model and  though I never
have worked with wood I am really enjoying it.

Geoff

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2011, 03:36:22 pm »

For different reasons, all the data on the "model boats" forum was lost too...  <:(

NB: Do another Mayhem back-up today!
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

regiment

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2011, 04:08:01 pm »

my member ship  was cancelled yesterday said i had not posted enough on the forams not to worry martins still with us

nhp651

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2011, 05:15:30 pm »

Alan you should put the build log of the shrimper on here - it is a lovely model and  though I never
have worked with wood I am really enjoying it.

Geoff
i agree totally, geoff.

alan, it's so good that the build could go into the masterclass section on the woodworking alone.

go on, give us all a treat.

neil/

matphoto

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2011, 05:26:24 pm »

Neil, I think you should put your Clyde build on here also.   :-) :-))

mattycoops43

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2011, 06:36:50 pm »

I hope it comes back up too, such a shame to see it down! I don't come on here anymore as I got fed up with pm's from uptight people who took what I said the wrong way. Not tarring everyone with the same brush on here, but there were (when I used to come on here) mods who really shouldn't have been. Just not my cup of t and I wish you all the best of luck with Mayhem.

I came here trying to find out what happened to RCMB. Please guys-we really appreciate what you guys do, especially Rich, please start it up again!

Matt

billa65t

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2011, 07:07:28 pm »

I'll not go too deep in the politics of what happened, Neil has described the situation very well indeed.

The bottom line is that Andy has had a hissy fit and pulled the plug on the forum, I've tried to get back in and retrieve the photo galleries, but the whole lot seems to have gone, and all the doors are firmly locked to keep me out.

I'd like to apologise to everybody for the loss of the forum, and I'd like to say I've been proud to have been part of it, and to thank everybody for their assistance and all the contributions to the forum.

Best wishes to you all,

Rich

How old was he? 2, 12 can't have been much older to throw his toys out of the pram like that! Anyway I would like to say a big thankyou to the site that I found during a difficult time when I had been signed of work with stress, I found everyone to be friendly and really enjoyed watching the build blogs. No matter how silly any question was then somebody would give an answer.

I will certainly rejoin if a similar site is set up.

Best Wishes

Patrick (Whisky Galore)

O0

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2011, 08:31:44 pm »

well I had better put something down before Martin deletes me
 {-) :D {-)

---

in all seriousness, I dont think i was a member there, but i do feel sorry for those who had build logs up there and people following them
Go Nuclear!  you'll love it

The long Build

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2011, 08:33:48 pm »

my member ship  was cancelled yesterday said i had not posted enough on the forams not to worry martins still with us

Any Forums who do that are not worth Joining.. IMHO.  (Although it does look like you deletion was down to an act of mindless attitude rather than the resident Management team..)

nhp651

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2011, 09:40:44 pm »

Any Forums who do that are not worth Joining.. IMHO.  (Although it does look like you deletion was down to an act of mindless attitude rather than the resident Management team..)

sadly he[the owner] was of the opinion that if someone hadn't posted or not posted within 3 months he/she was not really welcome as a member.
in the early days of the forum when i was a mod on the site.we had endless battles with him about deleating members, sadly he had autocratic power, similar to a dictator.
i am however pleased with the support that the lads on this forum have given to the fledgling site, and would love to see a similar small site restart.
neil.

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2011, 09:56:18 pm »

in all seriousness, I don't think i was a member there, but I do feel sorry for those who had build logs up there and people following them

Perhaps the records are still held on the main frame computer and can be re ignited by new blood.  Anyone care to enquire :--  http://help.forumotion.com/forum

ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2011, 10:04:19 pm »

unfortunately as Andy was the guy that set up the site the host company cannot legally transfer any of the data from the site to anyone else. I think the one thing to come out of this is that when a new site is set up make sure you can make back-ups of it and take a back up every week or two.

Trawlerphotos is set up on a professional server and we're backed up every day or two so we don't loose too much in the way of posts and photos ( 115,000+ photos is a LOT to loose... )

The server that RCMB was on could be used by who ever sets up a replacement and it may be possible to use a very similar name ( try www.radiocontrolledmodelboats.com for instance )

Davie
Davie Tait,
Scotland

Stavros

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2011, 10:07:47 pm »

Well I for one can say i fell to the dictoial antics of that forum just for making a picture a member had posted to a size that could be seen and IT WAS SUPPOSED to be a FRIENDLY forum...........dont think so lol,sorry lads yes I feel sorry for everyone that worked on that site.
As for the patheticness of the site owner just trashing everyones hard work well thats DAMMED disgracefull and he should BE KEEL HAULED

Stav

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2011, 10:27:28 pm »

Na he will just ban the trouble makers   O0 oh wait im next!  :o %%

Down here we thought that was a slang term for "Mayhemers"  %) %) %)

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2011, 10:32:41 pm »

Down here we thought that was a slang term for "Mayhemers"  %) %) %)
So who you got down there that can think ?  {:-{
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2011, 11:11:59 pm »

So who you got down there that can think ?  {:-{
Every body else who aint there.
Dicky you should migrate, you are lost there.
 O0 O0 {-) {-)

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2011, 11:19:21 pm »

{-) {-)

Watchleader

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2011, 05:40:44 pm »

I am thankful that, following the antics of the “RCMB - Owner??”...  I have been posting my build blog on two sites, RCMB and of course Mayhem. I and many of us have been active on both sites and found that both sites had much to offer the boat modeller.
The sites were different:-  Mayhem much larger and with plenty of helpful and knowledgeable modellers and RCMB a little ‘cosier’ also with helpful and knowledgeable modellers. We were on both sites because they were different. Both sites have their fair share of silliness, but that is to be expected on open forums, sad though it is.
I would like to think that any future site that may be born, following this debacle, will have some form of joint, or committee ownership, so that this is unlikely to happen in future. As for the previous “owner”, whom I have never, to my knowledge, met or spoken to, I hope that as he is obviously so full of it that someone will take pity and go change his diaper, it’s well overdue.

nhp651

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2011, 08:47:36 pm »

hi john......was beginning to have withdrawal symptoms from your build blog...glad to see you doing it on here as well.

neil. :-)) :-))

Watchleader

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2011, 09:05:06 pm »

Hi Neil,
Many thanks for that response. :-))
I have been tardy in keeping the build blog up to date, but have progressed (although slowly) and I will be updating very soon. :D
In fact the build is nearing completion. O0
I suppose that as I only have to post on one site now there's no excuse  <*< <*<
Keep your eye on the relevant place :-)

John

nhp651

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2011, 11:35:16 pm »

will do mate, and look forward to seeing it.
neil. :-))

wbeedie

« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2011, 08:01:11 am »

Its back up , nothing on it yet but forum has gone live again , is it a completely new site under new ownership but had to re register anyway

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2011, 08:08:52 am »

Its back up , nothing on it yet but forum has gone live again , is it a completely new site under new ownership but had to re register anyway
According to my computer it still doesn't exist.  {:-{

wbeedie

« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2011, 08:10:12 am »

http://rcmb.forumotion.com/  is the corrct site address Dicky
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.