Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hobbyking T45 EDF Kit being remodelled to RAAF127 Hawk.  (Read 3401 times)

airwolf572010

Hobbyking T45 EDF Kit being remodelled to RAAF127 Hawk.
« on: June 08, 2011, 02:24:43 am »

Hi here is a Hobbyking T45 EDF Jet which I am redoing to become a RAAF Hawk127 Jet Trainer currently being used by our Airforce here as a Trainer before the F18's. I  still have a lot to do to finish this but you will see the remodelled nose cone and added bits and pieces. The Landing gear has also been replaced with the more Scale Like BAE Hawk EDF Jet.
This is the Naavigation Lights being fitted and tested and then more body work and painting to be done such as Cammo and final finishing for painting.
Took a while to get this far as as you know Foam doesnt like gloss paint but I have perfected a technique to enable this model to accept the Gloss even though it takes  a while to do but it will be worth it when finished. Light and dark grey is the main cammouflage scheme and then will have to get the Decals made for the Squadron I choose.
Here are some stills of the work also.
Thats the work done so far still much to do but hopefully you will get the idea and see her taking shape.
Armo :-))

http://youtu.be/T97CmP2N6Jc

wartsilaone

Re: Hobbyking T45 EDF Kit being remodelled to RAAF127 Hawk.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 02:41:04 am »

Iv'e always liked the BAE systems Hawk. I used to see them flying over my home town when they were still red and white trainers. Now they tend to be black. Is it a flyer? It would look great doing some aerobatics.

Ali.

airwolf572010

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 02:47:09 am »

Hello Ali and in answer to your question, Yes mate it is a Flyer full EDF with 64mm Fan which moves these aircraft quite nicely. It is a 4 channel radio 2.4g radio system and the nav system has its own battery also. While not as quick as some jets it will be quick enough for me to handle as im mostly into the Helicopter side of things haha. Im quite happy though with the way its coming together after the cursing and swearing of course we got to have that when modelling dont we or something is missing

airwolf572010

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 11:12:02 pm »

Still goin and first layer of light grey cammoflage to get put down today. I have decided to go with the 76 Squadron Anniversary colour scheme which is Light/Dark Grey and an all black topside and tail, with Panther motto along each side of the aircraft and a large 76 in yellow on the tail, plus other associated bits and pieces in white and maroon. Lots of work but Im happy so far.
Next one is the F4U Corsair which I will do in the Dark Blue colour scheme with black and white chequered stripes. this colour scheme was used in Okinawa Japan in 1945.
But for meantime back to my 127 hawk.

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 11:44:21 am »

A nice job you have done there

I have my eye on the Hobby King micro F86 Sabre
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=17302

I've never really been a big fan of the polystyrene planes after the debacle I had with an Art-tech Cessna
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

airwolf572010

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 11:27:34 pm »

Yes I have ben looking at their range of smaller aircraft also. The sabre looks really good.
I would'nt be put off too much with the foamies mate as at least you can repair them quite easily and I had a prang with the HK J3 cub with the nose breaking off, not the aircraft my flying haha but just got it home and hot glued er on again and away we went again. If it had a been anything else I would'nt have been flying for a long time. I have also done a thing that if you want you can spray gloss onto the foam using a technique I found out and that improves the strength and stops a lot of those little annoying dints that foamies seem to acquire from doing nothing haha.
Anyhow did'nt do the gray cammo instead put down the black topside and repainted the canopy surrounds white. will do the Red small striping to match along the black topside today and then will finish off the Grey/light grey cammo highlights. Using artists paints acryclic with hand and going on well after a light sand of the foam.

airwolf572010

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 12:07:51 pm »

I know its taking forever but nearly finished now guys and girls. also will take some photos of a Phantom I have re commoed instead of all that rubbish with Pirates flags etc you know the one. The cammo looks real wont be too long I will have both aircraft doned.
Cheers :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.