Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Type 23 Build  (Read 3951 times)

John Plum

Type 23 Build
« on: June 09, 2011, 01:30:42 pm »

Having served on HMS Montrose as my last ship in the RN from 1993 to 1995 I thought it would be fitting as my next project to build the Fleetscales 1/96 HMS Norfolk. I would like to hear from anybody who has built this ship in the past; as I am a novice at this game. I am currently finishing HMS Cossack a Deans Marine production.

M L Sperring

mikearace

Re: Type 23 Build
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 07:19:46 pm »

Try the modelwaships.uk forum.  Countless builds on there to help you with.  There are a couple on the go right now.

philk

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 09:31:38 pm »

i know it's a bit off topic but has anyone tried to register with the modelwarshipsuk forum recently.
had three attempts but still not recieved a confirmation email

phil

mikearace

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 09:34:06 pm »

There is a link on the info at the start saying if anyone has delays to email the site admin Helen to activate the account

philk

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 11:39:11 pm »

thanks will try it

horatio123

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 07:30:51 pm »

I have built a Type 42  HMS Exeter and a Type 23 HMS Lancaster I have attached photo of each ( I think so anyway , As ai am new to this site not sure if this phot addition will work ?)
both modesl are to 1/96 , Exeter is built on a Sirmar Hull , the drawing I had was of her in Falkland Set up so I had to do a lot of research etc to bring her up to the final  fit as per 2010 . Lancaster is Scratchbuilt on a Fleetscale Hull with Sirmar fittings . Both have JJC sound units fitted , they run well on the water and really look thye part .  Lots more photos on the Solent rcmbc website ,( see link on main forum page ) 

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 07:45:13 pm »

Very nice David, I hope to see them in real life sometime.  :-))
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

davidm1945

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 01:30:17 pm »

We have a couple of builds going at ModelwarshipsUK, I'm new to this type of modelling myself and the TYpe23 is my 1st model...

I'm doing a blog on my experiences as I go, more for myself so I can keep all the hints etc together and as a reminder, but feel free to check it out...

Early stages so far..
Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do. Robert A Heinlein.

davidm1945

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 10:31:40 pm »

Been busy with the build and the blog, have updated, including a version shown to me of a watertight quarterdeck with access to the steerage gear..

http://pittnuma-type23.blogspot.com/

Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do. Robert A Heinlein.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.