Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which one to choose  (Read 1821 times)

late02

Which one to choose
« on: June 08, 2011, 01:40:36 pm »

I planning to build the tug Aysgarth and looking aroud I found two kits which could be used. Bangarth from Mountfleet and Rosegarth from Mobile Marine Models. Both models are in 1/32 scale but Bangarth is 41.5" and Rosegarth is 36" long. I always thought that the where build to the same drawings. Have I missed something? I really enjoyed  building Mountfleets Highlander last year but I also would my next build to be as close to scale as possible. Could I get some advice?

Regards

Lasse

Roadrunner

Re: Which one to choose
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 02:14:55 pm »

Go with the mobile marines kit, there are very good models and easy to construct for the beginner and expert alike ( with optional parts if you want more then a basic kit) , Mountfleet do good kits but it would be a fair comment to say they are for the more experienced modeller, and a lot more work to expand off its basis.

In regards to scale if the real tugs are different sizes it would be that the models are too hence the length difference. But one model may be inaccurate i have no way of telling though idle speculation.

Either way the choice is yours! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 20 queries.