Shows, Events, Club websites and Club Events > Mayhem at Wicksteed !

Duck race at Wicksteed 2012?

(1/22) > >>

bikerdude666:
So from my bath duck thread, I'm wondering if there'd be any interest to start a fun racing league at the next Mayhem Wicksteed?

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=30857.msg304799#msg304799

I'm provisionally thinking, limiting the basics to the giant bath duck as bought from Hawkins bazaar, allow minor mods to the 'hull' shape, nothing too major, and limit it to electric only but not restrict the size of motors/voltage/prop/jet.

Very vague just now, just want to see if it's worth considering or not. Thought it might give the public and families a bit if a laugh and show it's not all about professional quality scale models.

Arrow5:
It would be a laugh if you restricted the colour to the standard yellow {-)

bikerdude666:
Lol although standard would be a laugh it would pose a huge problem, but we could restrict it to bright colour schemes only!

A few ideas suggested by a fellow mayhemer (though he is from the north... Lol)

ayrshire andy:
It's grim oop north tha knows...how about each duck being issued with a 3 (4?!) digit race number, or the builder designing their own battle flag to a standard size, which can be flown from a pennant say 3 or 4 feet above the water and aid identification amidst the mayhem...there will be mayhem won't there?!

Stavros:
Sorry but I just cant resist this

NO ic ducks ...cos IC is BANNED .....lol

Stav....now running for cover

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version