Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Joffre  (Read 2870 times)

sentry

Joffre
« on: June 24, 2011, 08:09:04 pm »

Hi, Gents,
 I have the Caldercraft 1;48 kit of the Joffre, but would like to make it as the Fulwell, or is it the fullwell, can anyone tell me the differences between these two boats thank you for any help you may give.
                                                  regards, Sentry.

mikearace

Re: Joffre
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 08:33:34 pm »

Not sure of the build difference but the right name is Fulwell and one principal difference was that the Fulwell was named after an area of the 'dark side or the place that shall not be named Sunderl***D'  whereas the Joffre was a Tyne Tug that was built to ply its trade in the place of divine light and happiness to the North of that place.  

This might help but I had to divert my eyes when I copied the web address to avoid being forever tainted.

http://www.photoship.co.uk/JAlbum%20Ships/Old%20Ships%20An/slides/Armilla+Fulwell-01.html

Gerryg

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 09:49:23 am »

Hi Howard I am new to the forum so I have just seen your blog did you get any info on the fulwelL I don't know if you have seen it but there is photos of both tugs in John h  prouds 150 years of the maltese cross the book is hard to get now as it's out of print but you might see it at the local library

oldiron

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 10:33:07 am »

A good web site on the Fulwell:

http://www.tynetugs.co.uk/nelson1899.html

JHV

sentry

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 07:12:22 pm »

Hi Thank you Gregg Yes I know of the book but as yet never been able to find or look at it.
                                    regards Howard.

sentry

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 07:16:15 pm »

Hi , jhv,
   What a great site now logged in my favorites  so much info and pictures I,ed never seen before  your a star my friend,
                          Regard, Howard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.