Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Akula K-317 Panther sub help needed.  (Read 4172 times)

john44

Akula K-317 Panther sub help needed.
« on: June 25, 2011, 06:07:36 pm »

Hi submariners, I have just acquired a Alexander Engel AKULA K-317 Panther submarine from a fellow club-member that requires finishing details, not the club-member the sub, however I can,t seem to find any good detailed pictures or drawings that can help me finish it off,
regarding decals, railings wires etc. I am also thinking of weathering it a bit what do you think? It is my first submarine so I would like
to make a good job of it.

john

Roadrunner

Re: Akula K-317 Panther sub help needed.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 10:35:30 pm »

Hopfully i have the right sub your finishing... if i have, then these photo's should help..

In regards to weathering that's entirely up to you.

Enjoy

john44

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 09:19:17 am »

Thanks for the pic,s Roadrunner,
 yes that is the sub, I have been trying to find close ups of models, or the real boat so I can distinguish what the added detail is.
The first picture, well I was thinking of weathering but that looks like a rust-bucket.
thanks again

john

Beermacht

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 12:50:32 pm »

Hi John,

check this site out. There are tons of russian submarines with gorgeous pictures. You might have to view all the pages (this is page 30). But it's worth!

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?105552-Beautiful-submarines/page30

Wehrbier

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 09:33:40 pm »

john44

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 10:39:41 pm »

Thanks Guys,
I was beginning to think no liked Akula sub,s. the links are great, just got to find a way of painting the very fine hull lines and other details.
Are there any decals available for Russian subs?

regards
john

Beermacht

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 11:32:13 pm »

Well, the Akula class is very popular over here. But I'm sorry, I have no clue where you can get decals. For your Akula, you should check http://www.engel-modellbau.de/. He's the manufacturer of this sub.

I like the Akula, a friend builds one in 1:50 http://www.pressluftjunkies.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=994

Andy

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 09:43:05 am »

For lines you can use trim tape or rub on dry transfers. Or you can can draw decal on your computer and print it out on transfer paper.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 22 queries.