Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HARBOUR DEFENCE LAUNCH  (Read 2845 times)

SQUIB

HARBOUR DEFENCE LAUNCH
« on: March 02, 2007, 09:26:51 pm »

hello, whilst at a show - I saw this harbour defence launch and am wonderingif anyone call tell me who does a set of plans for this or even a hull

squibby

kendalboatsman

Re: HARBOUR DEFENCE LAUNCH
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 09:38:42 pm »

Hello,

I have the Sirmar semi kit of one but it is a small hull at about 18" long and 4" beam. I believe the best plans are by John Lambert which I think are the ones with mine. There is also a hull builder in Solihull who I think builds a larger hull of the HDML. The company name is powered boat mouldings (PBM) he has got a web presence. Also try Kingston mouldings as they might offer the hull as well. Relying totally on memory as I bought my hull 5 years ago and stored away until I had a working area.

Hope that helps

Clive

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 09:48:50 pm »

Try

http://www.hslmouldings.co.uk/pbm_hdml.htm

seem like ok stuff..Peter

PSSHIPS

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 10:30:24 pm »

HSL, our's is only 18 inches long, same plans though!
 Paul...

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 04:02:57 pm »

Paul,
Model Boats did a vacuform hull for this HDML, its twice the size of yours.
I can post some pics if you want.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

White Ensign

• Full Mayhemer
  • Limits must be limited!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 08:15:29 am »

... but you have to recon that in this particular case of such a "small" vessel" size is everything. Otherwise you`ll have problems by powering the boat nicely plus having space and deadweight for Accus.....

In my opinion scale 1:24 will do a perfect job.

My penny....

Jörg
When God created planet earth, he made it with 75% of water. Bet he had the modelboaters on his mind!

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 09:41:16 am »

Hi all I have a HDML at 1/24 scale.  Its a nice size for the lake, but make sure that the stanchions, and fittings are robust enough for regular use.  She does not need much power for a good turn of speed, I run each motor at 12v 0.75 amps, more than enough to stop quickly.
Twin ESC's allow the boat to rotate on her own axis. I used to have quite a heavy set of batteries, 4 A.hr nicads and these would give a whole afternoons running.  They just wore out and I have not yet settled on the replacements(this is the 4th. set of batteries!) .
My one is diagonal planking 1/16th ply, in construction and pre-dates the Model Boats free plan issue, so must be about 20 years old now.  Colour scheme is for the Mediterranean in blue and light grey, I have to say that I did not build her but bought her from a friends' estate, but I saw the building of her and spent a month restoring and getting her to work properly.
Good regatta boat and very handsome on the water.
good luck, Roy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.