Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: A TOUCH OF TRAINING!  (Read 8302 times)

polaris

• Shipmate
Re: A TOUCH OF TRAINING!
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2011, 09:11:54 pm »

Dear Richard,

Interesting. Sounds all together very enjoyable :-)

Hope You and All have a good day at Wickstead, and the weather is kind :-))

Regards, Bernard

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2011, 09:43:43 pm »

Dear All,

Lucky's half Brother was born five days ago! Might someone like to own said half brother???!!! He looks Paliminio, but, as with WMP's, the final result is always uncertain for a while! What cost, well, to the right home... right. An RC vessel is temp., but, remember, a WMP is for life!!!! They adopt you, NOT the other way round!!!

Regards, Bernard

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2011, 09:44:59 pm »

... oh dear... Palamino would help wouldn't it!!! :-))

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2011, 10:44:07 pm »

Dear All,

Further my last. I was wrong to say half Brother, it is Nephew - his Sisters first offspring.

With all certs. and chip etc. £220..

I know there will probably be no takers, but the offer is there... and a pic. to Mayhem here on request. Oh, but how about Lucky's true half Brother - also a Blue Eyed Cream. now 1.2 yrs old, and, like Lucky, a true blue eyed cream. Yours for just £200!!! You see, there is a cheaper hobby out there than RC vessels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - but WMP's last for at least 23 yrs.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!

Kind Regards, Bernard

pugwash

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2011, 11:28:08 pm »

Sorry Bernard I can't agree with you that horses are cheaper than model boats. So far this year its been £4K for a horse box
£1K for a saddle (second hand) £1.5k for vets bills then theres livery, shoes and various other bits of tack.
Thats why SWMBO never grumbles when I spend money on my models or fishing trips.
Mind you horses are great aren't they?

Geoff

Stavros

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2011, 11:36:58 pm »

Bernard are those Welsh Mountain ponies direct decendants of the Coed Coch stud at all

Stav

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2011, 11:50:46 pm »

Dear Geoff,

Let's look at it this way round... my Belfast cost me £3k + in toto over 2 years (and my own work 1.5 yrs. of wkg. 9pm to 3am - only time I was able to get peace and quiet for such complicated work), Lucky, on the other hand, well, £400 in 7 years, but, and how else can I truthfully say, I have had more dedicated single return pleasure every single day, and for every single second of his company, that, for as much as I respect my illustrious vessels - and sailing them - Lucky has given me vastly more. Don't get me wrong, the vessels should be sailed more, but just pressure of work. Little excuse really.

Regards, Bernard

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2011, 12:02:53 am »

Dear Stav,

Let me answer you question this way round.

The Lerry Stud, founded by the Late Dr D.Lloyd-Davies, founded same with the intention of pure bred of the breed - and same Regd. with the WPCS since concept - I will enquire from his daughter the origin. A perfectly correct question to ask I might add, and one that deserves a proper answer - and I don't know absolute at this juncture! - but I will soon be able to do.

Regards, Bernard

Stavros

« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2011, 12:38:22 am »

If they are Coed coch bloodstock I can Guarantee you that they were looked after by the head Groom A Mr Shem Jones who became very famous throughout the WMP.After he retired he spent his time around the world judging in every horse show on earth.He was a very close friend of my Parents.His Son Wyn Jones also breeds the WMP in Llysfaen not very far from the old Coed Coch Farm and Wyn shows his pony's and wins usually at the Royal Welsh show.
The reason I ask about the bloodstock is very simple really,if my memory serves me right Coed coch Taliesyn was a stallion who did exactly the same as yours,when Shem used to go to his garden and look over the fence there was an empty field,one whistle off him and all you heard was the sound of hoofs,I clearly remember one of the Stallions doing this every time he saw Shem.

Stav

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2011, 01:00:45 am »

Dear Stav,

There is no set precedence of what a WMP will do!!! They will simply do as they do as-&when they feel like it. No amount of breeding means anything at all... they are all absolute individuals, have distinct personalities. Some will condescend to be ridden, some will decide they will do so under their terms, some on the other hand will decide that they will do as-&-when they see fit... and nothing will actually budge the latter two unless they want to... and this is why I have a lot of respect for them... all a bit of a Welsh trait after all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Some - indeed most - of this pure bred stuff I take with a pinch of salt (it must be some these days), however, the WPCS main vol., for history, is exemplary of course - for the Lerry Stud anyway. I am taking your question seriously of course, and will reply accordingly after proper enquiry.

Regards, Bernard

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2011, 01:12:39 am »

Dear Geoff,

But you only do all you can because what has 'grabbed' and adopted you, you respect... ok, you have been caught in the net of 'others' most likely in this instance, but it matters naught, good for you, you are doing your bit to do.

I wish there were many more others like you in this World.

Regards, Bernard

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2011, 01:47:35 am »

You know, just look at Mango again... a study of peace and tranquility (his neck outstended and generally watching all the same, but so cool calm and collected - after lying down in 'the general boredom of the goings on'... I actually don't know how he manages this amongst 9 WMP mares, but he just does it... he is just unique in my experience. He is so laid back that it makes me wonder how he has managed to achieve what he has... partic. so since one of the mares is so 'anti-stallion' that it has long been considered what gender she really might be! - but the next couple of months might just prove us wrong! Mind you, Lucky's sister was bound to throw a Colt in first offering... such is the way she will be... she is one of my favourites though... but all of them are though... how can you separate such singular individuals?! Impossible!

pugwash

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2011, 03:56:26 pm »

Bernard be very careful what you mention to your insurance company - two weeks ago my wife had to claim on the horse insurance
as it had to have laser treatment for sarcoids( a horsey form of skin cancer) got the cheque and a letter saying "your horse is no longer
covered for sarcoid treatment"  Fair enough  but when the vet sent the letter in to claim for this treatment she had to list all the things
the horse was taking and she mentioned a joint supplement as he is 17yrs ( we only gave it to the horse on the vets recommendation)
he has nothing wrong with his joints its only a preventative measure - just like us taking cod liver oil capsules.
Yesterday letter from the insurers " we note horse has been taking X ( cant remember name) so he is no longer covered for any joint
problems which may occur in the future"  Wife is now in a telephone war with the insurers
Insurance companies the scourge of the earth on a par with MP's and estate agents.

Geoff
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.