Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spektrum 5 HELP  (Read 3079 times)

LarryW

Spektrum 5 HELP
« on: June 29, 2011, 10:53:40 am »

HI ALL , can any tell who services Spektrum radio gear in the west country... have 4 receivers and I transmitter . problem is I know nothing about RC bits ..
 and no matter what install i have a problem with blank areas like put in a rudder single and cuts out motor and the same when I give a motor single the same I am thinking I have a load of junk .

when i go back to model shop for help they say its not there problem, again another stitched  up got your money so why bother ,
     the radio is a spektrum 5  as so called recommender, so can any body help ,  FED UP  >>:-(  .. LARRY..

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Spektrum 5 HELP
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 11:20:42 am »

Hi Larry,
One step at a time....

If you plug in a single servo and a receiver battery in to the receiver, does that work?
 If so, try the servo in all the channels to see if they all work..
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

kiwimodeller

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 11:31:52 am »

Larry, take heart that a dumbass like me (when it comes to radio gear) can use Spektrum 5 gear and make it work. If anybody can sort it the chaps on here can. I have one transmitter and three AR500 receivers and they all work well, best thing since sliced bread. I have done the mod talked about on here and in Model Boats to allow you to access the extra switch and change the mode of the sticks and that is useful too. I guess a computer radio would be simpler still if you understood it but I get by quite well by writing myself notes about what servo switches need to be in what position for each boat and which stick does what job. The instructions that come with it are not clear enough but once the Forum helps you sort it you will be fine. Cheers, Ian.

LarryW

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 11:34:18 am »

HI MARTIN , hope you are well ? thanks for reply , i don't want to be to much of pain,
 as you no i am new to this model boat game ,
 answer to your question a have done that to my 4 receivers and and found a blank socket on a rudder plug    on one rest OK...    i tried all my servos all OK.
    battery's all charged OK esc all OK had them checked .   hope this helps ......LARRY...

ACTion

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 12:20:31 pm »

Larry
If one of the receivers is not supplying a signal on one channel (when all of the others do)  then it is clearly faulty. You should send it to Horizon Hobbies who are the UK service agents http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/about_us.html#contact
Dave M

bulldog1966

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 06:30:17 pm »

hi you have to bind the dx5 first then work from there i run ic useing same set in my makara and have no problems but doing it straight from the box it doesnt work untill you bind the radio together when every things plugged in and you turn it on binding switch on left had side at top of set if its not binded it will not work

CF-FZG

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 07:07:57 pm »

Bulldog, if it wasn't bound you'd get no response from any servo.

Larry, take it back to the shop you bought it from and tell them you want it sorted as it is their problem as they sold it to you.   There's further lawful action you can take if that doesn't work, but it gets a bit drastic.

Mark

LarryW

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 08:09:17 pm »

HI THERE  thank you for replys some good advice,. will take some action on spektrum when i get some more info......LARRY....

LarryW

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 04:14:12 pm »

HI back now, went to a  electronic       engineer friend of mine, who new of my problems ,
   put all my set up through his electronic gizmo's, the result is........ motor OK......battery rate OK..... receiver OK....... transmitter OK.......esc  20amp mtroniks duff that is the problem <*<
   so back its going..... this the second time i have had with this product.
     time to change to action ...as the saying goes you get what you pay for.... O0      thanks again for your help on this matter.....
 oh the dodgy receiver was a dirty input socket . now works OK little things to look for next time........ bit more happy now  :-)).........LARRY.....

ixion

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 05:33:00 pm »

Larry, take it back to the shop you bought it from and tell them you want it sorted as it is their problem as they sold it to you.   

The problem with that is it wasn't their problem!
Having worked in retail years ago (electronic goods) the amount of customers that would come in shouting and screaming and threatening legal action blah blah blah when 99.9% of the time it was customer error or the problem was something else!

CF-FZG

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2011, 05:54:42 pm »

The problem with that is it wasn't their problem!
Having worked in retail years ago (electronic goods) the amount of customers that would come in shouting and screaming and threatening legal action blah blah blah when 99.9% of the time it was customer error or the problem was something else!

With that attitude you must have worked for one of the large 'box-shifter' chain stores', I've had a few discussions with their sales staff about what their shop's responsibilities are <*<

Okay, it is their problem if it isn't working as they've supplied it - if it turns out to be a simple fix or an associated problem then that is good customer care. 

However to turn around and say it's not their problem is just plain wrong!

It's called after-sales-support, (also known as common courtesy), to help the customer when there's something wrong.  It costs the shop nothing to have a look at the problem and if it is a 'simple fix' or finger trouble they've made a worried customer into a good customer. And if it is boogered, it then their responsibility to 'sort the problem out' - and that doesn't include telling a customer to send it to the distributor.

Mark

LarryW

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2011, 07:52:41 pm »

HELLO ,   i have phone mtronikics help line explained the problem, they most apologetic and help full and are going to sort the problem with replacement, that is better result that i had
 with model shop who sold it to me in the first place, by the way i am not a shouter or angry shopper just a senior modeler on a basic pension, so every
 penny counts so if i don't get customer service they get my custom  O0   LARRY.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 22 queries.