Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: battery voltage gizmo  (Read 1784 times)

smudge

battery voltage gizmo
« on: July 01, 2011, 04:38:25 pm »

i have a pondskater bait boat with 6 volt lead acid battery and sometimes the battery runs flat when the boat is at the other side of the lake. what I'm asking is is there a gizmo i can use to see the state of the battery ?. at them moment I'm using a multi meter to check voltage before i send my boat out everytime. and its a pain doing this all the time. i thought there might just be something i could wire inline .  any suggestions ?? thanks

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
Re: battery voltage gizmo
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 06:26:30 pm »

Lead acid (pb) cells dont like to be fully discharged. It shortens their life. Look at model plane section on
e bay. Their is plenty of battery monitors but i doubt youd see the display from a distance. Why not just
use a timer and bring the boat in before battery fails. John.   

smudge

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 11:16:51 pm »

i got a hexTronik Battery Voltage Display and it seems OK but its still just guess work. i think i will have to just stick to the multi meter for more accurate voltage reading.

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 05:11:32 pm »

Do you check the voltage under load? A low battery will momentarily give a satisfactory reading just after switch on but soon drop off. Better to recharge your battery after every use. You should also be aware of how long the battery lasts under load as you can then monitor the time in use if in a long session.

HTH
Don't Assume Check
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 22 queries.