Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sensored Motor?  (Read 1737 times)

John Mk2

Sensored Motor?
« on: July 03, 2011, 03:05:09 pm »

Hi I tried a Nosram Dragon B/L it is meant to be sensored. As I have not got a sensored e.s.c I ran it without. Not very good at all  :(( Seemed well down of power  {:-{ Is this the reason ?
Cheer's

andrewh

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Sensored ?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 04:28:09 pm »

John Mk2

Very probably not - the "power" windings are just the same as a sensorless motor
 (the sensor windings are, I believe additional coils which only provide the timing signal to a sensored ESC)

OK , I have read the spiel on the Nosram Dragon and the sensor is a hall effect device, and indeed they are hot car motors with the hottest (9.5T) at 4700 kV

Much more likely is that the motor comes from a hot car, and to get the full performance it is necessary to change the ESC advance and possibly also other things.

Most ESCs come with a default setting which will hopefully get most motors of the intended power going reasonably well with the intended load (often air propellor) AND they are broadly expected to drive an outrunner BL motor 
This is both an inrunner, and a very fast one, so I would expect to advance the ESC
Thyis is normally possible even without a programming card if you have the instructions and preferably four or more fingers (becuse you have to count bleeps)

Let us know WHICH Dragon it is and what ESC you are using, and we may be able to help more
andrew

John Mk2

Re: Sensored ?
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 04:37:55 pm »

13.5 turn / Seaking  Hobbywing 120 amp esc / 3s 2200 25-50c /Dateline Storm / Surfacedrive / 36mm prop.

nick_75au

Re: Sensored Motor?
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 06:39:50 am »

What sort of prop would you put on a 23-25 turn brushed 540 motor because that is what its power is, what motor are you comparing it with, guessing its around a 3000 Kv motor .

Cheers
Nick
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.