Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uploading an image via ImageShack (a tutorial)  (Read 1442 times)

Lt. Raen

Uploading an image via ImageShack (a tutorial)
« on: July 07, 2011, 06:28:30 am »

Hi Everyone,
I noticed that Martin made a small request for tutorials on how to use some of the image uploading websites around.
So I thought I would try my hand at ImageShack, although I prefer to use photobucket.
Anyway here goes ...

We will be uploading this image:

So the first thing to do is to create an account
go to the website http://imageshack.us
You will see a page that looks like this:

Click on sign up to create an account
To get a page that looks like:

Fill in the required fields and hit sign up at the bottom.
The site will then send a confirmation email to your address, go to your email and open the message.
It should look something similar to this:

This email holds your username and password, in case you should forget either.
Click on the hyperlink to confirm the account (some email accounts might require you to confirm the message is real before hyperlinks become clickable)
The link should open this page:

Lt. Raen

Re: Uploading an image via ImageShack (a tutorial)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 06:29:03 am »

To upload an image click upload an image from the right hand toolbar,
This redirects you to a page like this:

You now need to select the image by hitting the browse button and selecting it from its location on your computer.
The location will differ for everyone depending on where you chose to save the file you wish to upload.

Select the file or files to be uploaded then hit open.
If you hold ctrl whilst selecting you can select multiple files, select also can be used for multiple selections.
After open is pressed it will return to this page:

Select your image size, for low detail images a smaller size is ok, however, for high detail images a larger resolution is probably better.
Then hit upload.
It will redirect to a slightly different page showing the upload progress, when the upload is completed you will be redirected to this page:

Lt. Raen

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 06:29:38 am »

Now we can start putting the image into a forum post.
Below the image there can be seen a series of links, for a forum post you will want to select forum code.
Copy this code then paste it into your forum post.

Initially when you paste the code it includes a stamp that says it is uploaded via ImageShack, to remove this you can just delete the [url] [url] coding
 form the copy paste leaving only the [ img] ... [ img] coding (no spacing’s in the image coding)
Now back to ImageShack, To upload more images click on the media upload tab and repeat as above.

ImageShack also allows you to group images into Albums. To do this click on My Images from the toolbar on the right.

you can now see all the images you have uploaded on ImageShack, as you can see from my pic, I have the image I’m uploading on the forum plus the images from this tutorial.
So I want to group these in one album, to do this select all the images, so they are highlighted in orange, then click on the create album button from the right hand toolbar.

Unfortunately I don’t have a screenshot of the album screen, however once in this screen clicking on an image brings up the following screen:

Lt. Raen

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 06:29:55 am »

The forum code can be acquired from this screen as well. It is located toward the bottom right.
You have two options, 1 is to embed the image as we did before like so: (click embed this image --> copy the forum code)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Or you can embed a thumbnail instead, like so: (click embed thumbnail of this image --> copy forum code)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And there you have it, an image uploaded via image shack.
The main advantage of a thumbnail, is that it puts a smaller image on the forum, but the fully detailed image can still be seen by clicking on the thumbnail.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Tim

Spook

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 12:19:24 pm »

Thanks for that. Looks very similar to Photobucket, which I use. Looks a bit better actually, because I haven't managed to get Photobucket to display the files in thumbnails, so I have to note the file names.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 19 queries.