Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ebay sale plugs  (Read 2611 times)

Dekan

Ebay sale plugs
« on: June 25, 2011, 07:26:19 pm »

Is it my imagination or do some threads asking for advice look like plug for items being sold on ebay?

They alway seem to start with links to ebay asking "if the items are worth buying or are they a bargain" {-)

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
Re: Ebay sale plugs
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 07:41:32 pm »

Cud B Cud B
I must admit to having a look
As most do I would think

If a post comes from a regular OK

If it's Post 1 or 2
Think again

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Dekan

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 07:48:23 pm »

Yep Ned.... the last one I saw earlier today fitted the bill, especially as both the items are from the same seller... it seems to have been pulled now...

wartsilaone

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 08:32:32 pm »

I shall probably end up selling some of my castings on Ebay but I will certainly let you lot know first as there maybe a mayhem discount.

Ali.

Dekan

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 08:39:11 pm »

Don't worry Ali you don't fit the profile  :-))

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 11:28:30 pm »

Hmmmmm - Please feel free to point them out!  <*<
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

The long Build

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 12:46:00 am »

Yep Ned.... the last one I saw earlier today fitted the bill, especially as both the items are from the same seller... it seems to have been pulled now...

Still showing on flee bay just.

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 08:02:31 pm »

Dear All,

You know, some might knock eBay one way and another, but, if used with general common sence and a bit of instinct, it's not a bad place to be. After all, we all know the 'proper' value of things, so, if we get caught out, we ourselves fell into it knowingly.

My experince is this. I have bought much via the facility this last six years, and I can quite perfectly say that I have not been taken for a ride. I say this with the caveat, that the one who did try soon found out that they had to put it right otherwise... but they did and that was an end to the matter. One, and only one, who succeded... well, I was refunded.......... but it was only for £1.50 so I was not really bothered either way... just the principal that's all.

As to this Topic, well, we all know the Rules, and Rules is Rules and that's that. I am sure that Martin and the Mods. will soon put things on the Straight-&-Narrow if things looked to be breached.

Regards, Bernard

Dekan

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 02:28:59 pm »

The biggest problem I have found with ebay is most of the regular users seem to use some kind of bidding software...which means that most casual bidders, like me, don't  really stand a chance on anything "interesting"

I have been out bid by a penny at the last minute... beat that :}

grayone

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 04:13:36 pm »

Yes I did hear from a freind that their is software that will throw in a bid at the very last second.

Nige52

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 04:29:53 pm »

Loads of them about, Auction sniper and Goofbay being just 2.
They only work if there are no higher proxy bids placed previously. They work best against 'Live' people bidding.
For instance, you make your highest bid at £20 with Auction sniper, now if you are bidding against live people, you'll probably win,
But if someone placed an earlier proxy bid of £20 also, you'll lose as the first bidder has priority.

ATB
Nige

tr7v8

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 07:12:01 pm »

Yup I use Auctionsniper which any one can do. One of the reasons is if I'm bidding on stuff from the US which finishes at stupid o'clock in the morning or I'm away on business so no access to a PC.
Other wise I'll live bid & practise means I can bid to about 2-4 seconds of the auction ending!
Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 23 queries.