Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Howdy from Oz  (Read 1421 times)

Rob_B

Howdy from Oz
« on: July 13, 2011, 01:38:08 pm »

Just joined the forum and now saying hi to everyone.   

I have built a few - four static wooden model ships to be precise and commencing my fifth. I thought that I might build an RC model next, possibly a tug boat or similar. I have no experience with RC bits and bobs so I will explore the forum for guidance and hints.

Brisbane, Australia is my home but I am travelling over to the Uk next month and I hope to visit one or two of your MBC meets as well as some maritime museums, hobby shops and similar. I'll be based near Coventry but travelling down to the Lakes District and the south west, Cornwall etc. Unfortunately I 'll in Scotland when the  model boat convention is on.

Cheers
Rob

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Howdy from Oz
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 02:10:43 pm »

...and why is that unfortunate, pray tell l? <*<   I`m sure we can make up for that small disappointment :-)) Check where the Waverley paddle steamer is. Check the new Glasgow Transport Museum. Take a small boat tour to Fingal`s Cave.   Check the Scottish Federation of Model Boat Clubs event calendar. Visit as many distilleries as you can for freeby tastings %%....exit through gift shop. Haste ye back O0 {-) PS, lots of Scots go down to the Convention, it isnt too far and on the mainline rail, have a weeknd in the North of England, nice evnt.
..well can you land on this?

Trooper63

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 02:33:06 pm »

Hey Rob.  Welcome from another newbie.  I'm in brisvegas also.

Scotland and Ireland are my top two places to visit before I get over the far hill.  Lucky guy, sounds like the scots have some action for you.

pugwash

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 03:24:42 pm »

Welcome Rob - If you are coming over here - definitely make a list of the things which are awkward to get in OZ
or you have to pay a fortune in shipping charges.  Scotland is great particularly if you are a flyfisherman
but watch the women - I have managed to get three scottish wives already and I dont live there.
Geoff

Rob_B

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 11:02:59 am »

Thanks for the tips Arrow. I am really looking forward to touring Scotland I only meant it was unfortunate that the timing meant I wouldn't be able to attend the model boat convention :embarrassed:.  And Pugwash I'll keep an eye out for the SCottish women, only one though as I'll have look out for the back hand from my wife if I'm looking toooo much. ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.