Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: STING RAY..with FISHTAIL PROP....  (Read 2683 times)

rathikrishna

STING RAY..with FISHTAIL PROP....
« on: July 14, 2011, 01:47:04 pm »

Good evening all of my Friends...when i decided to make a craft with FISHTAIL PROP, it was a great head ache to me, that about the mechanism of a actuator...so i searched painstakingly all over the net..most of the mechanism of the crafts were too complicated to adopt...4 servos, hydraulics...and some was backed up by EPROM...!!!!...so none of them arent suitable to me...so i turned to my own drawing board...
and this time i am thanking to one of my Colleague, who is a mechanical engineer working in the field of aviation..for presenting me a brand new set of X ACTO knife...and yes loads of putty and paints...hi...hi...

I know, that a craft with a fishtail prop must be some thing unusual in nature...so i contacted one marine engineer, working in Naval force, for some reff: but he discouraged me a lots, and he said me, that it wont work...but i started my work, and the result was astonishing...

Yes..i started my work, as usual, with thermocol...

All we know that it is not possible to apply putty on the thermocol...so after a simple proses, i call it SEASONING, i started to work with putty on it....

as the craft is intended to work on river, i coated it with red oxide...

rathikrishna

Re: STING RAY..with FISHTAIL PROP....
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 01:54:27 pm »

and following shows the fixation of the mechanism...

picture showing a simple mechanism, made out of a toy car gear box, is based on 4.8 volts...

rathikrishna

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 01:57:18 pm »

and now is in water...

i added a pice of an old XRAY sheet on the tail assy to get a soft action...
and see a short video here to see how she works..cool and easy....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHoRkyYQsrE

rathikrishna

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 02:03:38 pm »

and i made her from my imagination, but i designed as a broad gun platform...for my Navy...

See the action video here...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_17SdzeIkI      

and Friends all you can see how easy it and exciting...i hope you may make some like this.... :-) ...

kiwi

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 08:09:00 pm »

very neat. Would it go better if more of the fish tail was in the water? You appear to only have half actually in the water. You also appear to have a bow thruster for steering. Well done. nice bit of lateral thinking
kiwi

rathikrishna

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 08:05:11 am »

Sir..thanks for the advice...this is my first craft of its kind..so, from my next craft is planned as OLIVE, will be more good one , and i will try to clear the mishaps happened here in this model. and if you have any more advices regarding this please advice me, so i can go even further with my crafts...thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 19 queries.