Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drumbeat Of Devon  (Read 2044 times)

fatcat123

Drumbeat Of Devon
« on: July 14, 2011, 08:31:09 pm »

Hi All,

Have taken to the Model Slipway Drumbeat of Devon kit recently but have discovered they are no longer in production with M/S.

I was wondering if anyone had one of these kits unstarted and want rid of it? I want to modify it extensively and am in need of another fix in the form of a M/S model.

Dan

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Drumbeat Of Devon
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 08:41:52 pm »

Model Slipway told me a while ago they can still supply a hull, plans and most fittings if requested. They stopped doing the kit as sales had almost stopped and they had run out of the styrene printed sheets and it wasn't cost effective for them to do anymore. You'd just have to make own superstructure from the plans, not too bad to do really. Why not drop them an email or give them a call, Dave.   :-)

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 08:43:13 pm »

Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

fatcat123

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 08:45:45 pm »

Nice one Dave,

I may just do that!

I hate cutting my own things out as they never line up, thats why i like M/S because they actually make it reasonably easy.

John,

i was tempted but i want to start from the beginning both for techinical reasons and my own enjoyment.

Dan

Spook

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 03:06:02 pm »

I thought that this vessel mighty have made a nice next project for me, as it's quite an attractive little thing and something a little out of the ordinary but, alas, it is not to be  :((

fatcat123

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 03:09:29 pm »

Yeah i thought that too..

For me, i'd build everything model slipway simply because i love their kits, but i have a thing about building any other scale other than 1:12th or 1:24th. I enjoyed modifying my tug with fibre optics and interiors and this model seems the perfect choice..

If we pester them enough with enough people wanting a kit, they might do a small run of styrene printing etc..

Dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.