Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fence  (Read 2235 times)

bismarck builder

fence
« on: July 13, 2011, 09:46:21 am »

hi guys
my old mum & dad live on a mobile home site the site owner wants to replace the current 6 foot fence panels with 4 foot fence panels the 6 footers have been there for 20 years or more and replaced when required now the question is does the site owner have to replace like for like my parents are on the end and would loose all privacy in there garden with the loss of hight in the fence level
they own the mobile and are responsible for the upkeep of the inside of the fence but not the outside they have offered to replace the 6 foot panels on a like for like basis but he insists on 4 foot panels
help
cheers
gary

Pirate

• Full Mayhemer
Re: fence
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 12:40:10 pm »

Hi,
as far as I know; IF the site owner owns the fence and the posts IE, your parents do not have it marked on there ownership documents of their property that the curtlage is defined by that fence and its ownership is theirs. Unfortunately the site owner can do as they wish with a certain respect for tidiness and privacy. As an option your parents could put up trellis near too and not joining the new fence up to 6 foot, on the proviso that it does not interfere with the site owners fence or maintenance there of. Find out exactly Who owns what, not just Who is responsible for what. If still your parents believe they have a right and just case then seek help with the C.A.

Regards
Pirate

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 04:35:32 pm »

Dear Gary,

Such matters I happen to have a bit of experience. Site owners have a greate deal of power over the Pitch, but you must be aware of the Conditions on Tenancy.

I am sorry to say, that, in most instances, the min. control is 1 metre outside of the static. But, all depends on on Tenancy Agreement that is extant.

If in doubt, you must consult a solicitor.

Regards, Bernard

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 05:02:55 pm »

Dear Gary,

After re reading your first, unfortunately I believe - unless proven otherwise beyond the Agreement of Tenancy -that the Owners of the site are quite within their right to insist on this. Indeed, I doubt whether the present Agmt. protects uour Parents from this.

Your only protection - Parents protection - will be legal advice on the present Agmt., but I think you will find that what what I say is right.

Regards, Bernard

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 05:12:24 pm »

6Ft. tall removeable wind brake??????

Regards  Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 06:59:12 pm »

Dear Ian,

It makes no difference at all... all depends on the Terms & Conditions of the Tenancy... and Tenancy it is.

Regards, Bernard

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 01:18:06 pm »

Dear Ian,

It would be interesting to know the outcome of this matter please. May I ask if you would IM/PM privately - unless you are happy to openly Post.

Unfortunately I am sure I am right in what I have said, but, however, if I am wrong then good, since it will of course be to the benfit of your Parents.

Regards, Bernard

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 01:55:29 pm »

... it would have helped if I had spelt benefit the right way wouldn't it! :D

bismarck builder

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 05:45:24 pm »

hi guys
thanks for all the posts
il post an update when i know more
cheers
gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.