Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prop Rotation  (Read 18955 times)

shimsham

Re: Prop Rotation
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2011, 10:57:03 am »

I didn't say both, I said ONE !!

Have you had a look at the drawings,both motors have been changed one at a time and did make no differance to the rotation on foward or reverse,i have just been and run the motors as they,forward movement is correct i do beleive starboard side clockwise port side anti-clockwise in reverse both the motors go clockwise,if i go and change the wires on one of the motors the forward motors both go clockwise and in reverse rotate as the should in reverse rotation,now i have tried this test on both motors and did make no differance at all,i have also tried to change the rudder to another channel but i think it will only operate on channel 2

shimsham

« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2011, 11:10:36 am »

Thanks Dave for that but i have changed the wiring on the motors that many times i dont know which is the right and wrong way.

colin-d

« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2011, 11:19:44 am »

i know these might be a silly questions, and probable been asked before..!!

are the Dip switches in the P94 in the correct position..!! is the variable resistor set to about 50%

which Mode are you using on the P94..??

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2011, 11:22:29 am »

hi

I think we have over-looked the simple solution that Uncle Albert  might have done and that is to swap the motor wires over at the terminal blocks on the fuse board - %)leaving the motor wires soldered in place is a lot easier I think than getting the soldering iron out. :-))

aye

john

Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2011, 11:25:01 am »

Not one mention of a Meter yet.     %)

It's the only way forward.   :-))

Ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

mersey dave

« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2011, 11:25:38 am »

Hi Colin looking at the photo you do not have the rudder servo plugged into the p94, can you confirm if you have ...........or is it plugged into the receiver, if it is plugged into the receiver this is in correct as it should be plugged into the p94 as  shown in the diagram.

Regards Dave.

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2011, 11:35:32 am »

hi i think it’s time now for Uncle Albert  to box the p94 up and send it back to Dave - for the boss to have a look at the unit.  Dave will decide it is at fault or whatever.   By the time we have spent waffling on  {-)- on here Dave could have had it sorted and Uncle Albert could have been sailing. :-))

Aye
john

Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

shimsham

« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2011, 12:00:36 pm »

Just changed the wires over on the starboard motor but its made difference.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2011, 12:12:31 pm »

Send it back to Dave Colin, he's already said he'd fix it if it is the problem.

In the time we have spent wafflling on about this Dave could have fixed it and sent it back to you.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

shimsham

« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2011, 02:44:28 pm »

It went about 2hrs ago. :-))

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2011, 06:01:53 pm »

OK, I'll lock the topic there to give the manufactures a chance to investigate e further and post a response.

Admin
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

ACTion

« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2011, 01:53:41 pm »

Further to this tale, this customer eventually sent back his P94. It arrived at 12.40pm yesterday. I tested it and found that the fault was due to a fatally damaged microprocessor. The only way this damage could have occurred was either incorrect connection to the receiver or excess voltage from the receiver. Both of these are considered to be 'user' issues and thus would preclude the unit from free repair under the terms of our warranty. However for various reasons we don't consider it worth our while to pursue payment from this person. The microprocessor was replaced, the unit was re-tested and subsequently returned to him by First Class post at 1515 hrs yesterday afternoon.
Dave Milbourn - ACTion R/C Electronics
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 21 queries.