Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Norwich Model Boat Club - Sub days  (Read 8792 times)

wartsilaone

Re: Norwich Model Boat Club - Sub days
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2011, 11:02:56 pm »

My point was just to say that surely these events are not just for us who already have model boating disease but also to attract potential victims, Sorry enthusiasts to the hobby and maybe get a few joining the club. A bit of productive criticism if you like.

Ali.

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2011, 11:00:17 am »

This isn't an AMS vs Sub Committee issue at all. In fact I set-up a magazine exchange between the two organisations, and initially the two clubs cooperated at model shows etc. The latter was rescinded for reasons unknown to me.

I also provide a report on the Dive-ins for publication in their magazine 'In Depth'.

I make no secret of the fact that I don't agree with the attitudes and behaviour of some of the AMS committee, but there are many within the organisation I count as friends, and they attend and thoroughly enjoy the Dive-in events. This is in spite of them not being advertised on their events calendar.

Unfortunately one person has migrated over to this forum with an axe to grind, and is spreading disinformation. I run these events independently of any organisation. They are open to all, regardless of what club you belong to, the small cost of entry is trifling when you take into account the cost of travelling to such events. What you do get to see are plenty of models, great facilities and a friendly atmosphere.

admiral donuts

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2011, 05:15:28 pm »

GOOD NEWS FOR SUNDODGERS
Following lengthy chats with the management,the August national sub meet is back on!!!
No skimmers or targets at all (except those you bring yourself)
All that lovely water to ourselves but and a big but,Do YOU WANT SATURDAY,SUNDAY OR BOTH!!!!
Why not have a weekend event (less tiring driving) Please tell me what you would prefer and what sort of organisation would be required (security,storage,catering and marquees etc,lets all get together and make this event a world class submarine meeting

Gentlemen calculate a solution and lock into the torpedo

Regards Donuts

Davy1

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2011, 09:54:26 am »

Hi Admiral  D,

Very good news about the return of the sub day. At the risk of appearing very uncritical, could I say that you had the perfect sub day formula before you altered it?!

So I would certainly prefer the one day approach (Sunday preferably.) One day has the big advantage that you can guarantee that anyone you want to see will be there. (Agricultural shows round here are one day for just that reason.) Two days just dilutes things.

One day also means  time for sightseeing and is more understanding to "other halves". Early mid- August is a good time also in my opinion. Please make sure that the date is publicised many months in advance.

So, very good that you are back on with the National sub day (Please note that these comments are only my personal opinions but I suspect that the AMS will also agree)

I'm hoping to come to the event this September but September is busy for me but I will certainly get the August one in my diary in ink!

David

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2011, 10:10:48 am »

I'd prefer it were on a Sunday as well - mainly because its a bit of a way off andI am unable to stay overnight (I can get away with commiting 1 day for sub stuff but disappearing for 2 day over the weekend would get be in hot water with the kids). Saying that, the 2 Day Summer Dive In worked@ St Albans worked very well with good attendances on both days ( though its location easier to get to for most) so a 2 day event might work as well and you may be able to attract those who can only make say the Saturday instead of Sunday.

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2011, 10:27:16 am »

Don't think you have anything to lose by trying it.

It's not obligatory for everyone to turn up for the whole weekend after all, and if it doesn't pan out, you can simply revert back to a single day on following years.

Maybe consider dragging the pond, as weed was a bit ubiquitous the year I visited (2009), and if one is available perhaps a gazebo alongside, which can afford shade if it's sunny, and shelter if it isn't!

admiral donuts

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2011, 08:19:21 pm »

Hi Guys,all points taken in,Weed was a problem in 2009 thanks to council budgets but the club now manages that side of things
I think we will try a two day event with the main focus being on the Sunday
The club house is secure enough to store models over night and we can erect our our 30ft x 15ft marquee for shelter from the elements or even putting on a static show  and or bring and buy sale
I will confirm dates for august 2012 after more input is received

Regards Donuts

Davy1

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2011, 08:58:03 am »

Sound very good to me, Admiral.

September this year is unlikely for me now but I look forward to a really good event in a blazing August next year! %%
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.