Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: possibilities  (Read 24865 times)

Patrick Henry

Re: possibilities
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2011, 04:23:20 pm »

Oh my gawd....you were serious, weren't you?

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2011, 04:42:26 pm »

Take them along to a show and committee members of a certain organisation will end up with an aneurysm!  %%

Patrick Henry

« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2011, 04:46:22 pm »

Take them along to a show and committee members of a certain organisation will end up with an aneurysm!  %%

And what certain organisation could you be meaning, Andy?

pugwash

« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2011, 04:46:51 pm »

John just had a look at that deck gun - a beautiful piece of work.  I take it if you sail at Charnwood waters you live in
Leicestershire. Have very unhappy memories of Charnwood and Bradgate - thats where we used to run the compulsory
weekly school cross country.  But a lovely part of the world.

Geoff

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2011, 04:52:51 pm »

And what certain organisation could you be meaning, Andy?

Make an educated guess! {-)

MikeA

« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2011, 05:03:58 pm »

wow thats cool. what they got in them so they go bang? do they stay straight when there running?

sub john

« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2011, 08:26:15 pm »

reply #78
  HI Pugwash Geoff
     Don't no weather you know town where charnwood waters is thats where i live sorry to here you have unhappy memories of it bradgate park is a nice place to go for a walk, don't no weather you no Derby Road playing fields thats where i do a lot of flying of model planes. The deck cannon that Nick Burdge made he must of spent many hours making it i remember asking him how much he wonted for making it and he said i don't won't anything just pay for the materials which at the time was not very much at all, he said that he wonted  to see the sub finished sadly to say he is no longer with us which is a great shame thanks for the interest in the sub but have not sailed it for about 18 years now has been refitted with new electronics sub is ready to rock and roll but need to think about revamping trailer has stood still for 18 years also it is a major operation to move it about
                      JOHN

thegrimreaper

« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2011, 10:50:27 am »

Take them along to a show and committee members of a certain organisation will end up with an aneurysm!  %%

he he he he  :}  :}  :} {-)  {-) can't believe you said that Andy tut tut

Nice Sub by the way

Patrick Henry

« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2011, 11:34:00 am »

I cannot for the life of me see why people feel the need to keep having these little digs at the AMS...would someone please enlighten me?

Rich

Hon Sec/Webmaster....The Association of Model Submariners.

MikeW

« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2011, 12:04:01 pm »

I cannot for the life of me see why people feel the need to keep having these little digs at the AMS...would someone please enlighten me?

Rich

Hon Sec/Webmaster....The Association of Model Submariners.

Yes its hard to see the wood from the tree when you are in the middle of a jungle.
You seem a nice guy Rich - I can see why they would want to make you the public face. I described my personal experience on here before and dont want to go into it again.

AL 1

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2011, 12:29:35 pm »

who mentioned the AMS has someone got a guilty conscience?  <:(

MikeA

« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2011, 12:37:09 pm »

theres a topic currently on chit chat talking about how the model boating hobby is dying off and how the manufacturing is going down hill too. Ive read the back logs MikeW's experience with the AMS and if they have that attitude to newcomers im not suprised this hobbys going to sh!*

unbuiltnautilus

• Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2011, 12:41:18 pm »

hear is pics of the 1ft turpedo that are fully working and go with a big bang on impact lol i never goot round to having the time to put them in the sub but they are going in now lol !

Membership Application form in the post...Secretary, Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team... :-))
Seriously, it would be a shame to blow the nose off of one of those fine looking torpedoes.
Listen politely, nod approvingly, then do what you want, works for me!

Patrick Henry

« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2011, 12:56:27 pm »

who mentioned the AMS has someone got a guilty conscience?  <:(

See...this is what I mean. This is what really miffs me off...I work hard on behalf of the model submarine hobby, I give up an awful lot of my time to promote model submarines in general, and often spend a lot of my own money to promote our side of the hobby, and all I get in return is sarcastic digs and snidey comments.

Al...it was obvious to everybody connected in any way with the submarine hobby who Andy meant.

I've had enough of it now, this will be the last time I post anything to do with submarines on Model Boat Mayhem. I will continue to do what I do on behalf of the AMS and model submarines in general, but I will not do it here.

Rich

Hon Sec/Webmaster...The Association of Model Submariners.

MikeA

« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2011, 01:03:11 pm »

Dont worry about it. its a post on a forum not bbc news live broadcast.

unbuiltnautilus

• Portsmouth Model Boat Display Team
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2011, 01:08:57 pm »

Best not to rise to the bait, it only stokes the fires, dont let em grind you down, Run out of metaphors...
Listen politely, nod approvingly, then do what you want, works for me!

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2011, 01:55:37 pm »

Feet of clay.

MikeA

« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2011, 03:23:02 pm »

its gone a bit off this topic. does anyone know the conclusion to the original post?  {:-{

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2011, 03:32:24 pm »

I think the bottom line with this, is that the chance of seeing a commercial system for the hobbyist is slim.

In a nutshell, if you desire such a system, it's most likely going to be a case of rolling up ones sleeves and building it. Model submarines is a very niche sector of the hobby, most of those in the hobby are satisfied with the performance of off-the-shelf kit, as it works adequately for most purposes even though the radio isn't giving its best performance in such an environment.
There is a concern in some quarters that 40mhz radios are going to become unobtanium in the future. Whilst I agree that the big Japanese and European companies will (are?) phase out there 40mhz range, it appears that smaller Chinese companies are stepping up to the plate to fill that sector of the market.

Whether these sets are as well made as offerings from other countries remains to be seen, although many folk are using Chinese built 2.4ghz systems and ssem to be happy with them. There is also an awful lot of S/H sets out there kicking around.

sub john

« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2011, 09:28:47 pm »

reply#87 Unbuiltnaulilus
 When torpedoes go bang the end of the torpedo's stay in tacked so are completely reuseable hopefully when fitted in sub i will tap into 140psi air line in main air tanks make a second air tank just to blow torpedo's out of tubes torpedoes will then switch on and run off to target when it goes bang it switches off drive motors
       john

MikeA

« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2011, 09:32:34 pm »

when i was bout 8 i had a toy boat and it had a motor and propeller. I dont know how it worked but you switched it on by flicking the propeller it then ran until you grabbed the proppeller to stop it. ive never seen anything else like that anywhere.

MikeA

« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2011, 09:38:11 pm »

kind seems irrelavant but if the torpedo was fired out the tube the water resitance on the torpedo would spin the propeller and make it go.

I sent you a pm john

sub john

« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2011, 09:16:38 pm »

HI All
    These are pictures of two way  telemetry units it will display individuals cell voltages on screen of up to 10 cells, auto detects number of cells its self , it will also display total pack voltages, it will display up to 100amps on load it will also give you watts on screen, digital readout of temps on the motor the battries and also the speed controller, in the menus you can change the displays and give you percentages left in packs, you can display R.P.M you can also go into menu and change when battries trip voltages are.  to come on and give a bleep, you can change warnings on temp to what ever you won't and also change all parameters of warning to plane in flight or to boat on water meaning upgrading software when in flight or what ever you have got it in. Phil Middleton and myself are designing multiples of different units at the moment. Screen can be plugged into a computer usb and you can see all the data that has been logged and also on the screen on the handheld unit as you are using it ect  , as you can see technology has come on in leaps and bounds in the last few years and no one or eney other company has developed eney thing near this yet
        JOHN G7SCL     :-))    :embarrassed:    %%     >>:-(      <*<     :P      >>:-(

sub john

« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2011, 09:17:47 pm »

bet you all look like this after reading  <*<

MikeA

« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2011, 11:11:35 pm »

this stuff is fantastic i left u another pm john lol

have you managed to relay all this data back to the surface yet? does it use the low frequency rf you was talking about earlier in the post?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.