Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: possibilities  (Read 24859 times)

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
Re: possibilities
« Reply #100 on: July 31, 2011, 11:48:01 am »

I've used Eagletree loggers for some time now, which do similar things e.g. measure voltage, current, watts, RPM, temperature etc. etc. I've never used the telemetry option, I just use their micro logger device which records to memory, as I find that does the job for me.

A lot of companies are also integrating data logging and telemetry into ESC's and receivers, although in the case of telemetry, it's on 2.4ghz generally, which isn't much use for subs.

A chap who comes along to the Dive-in events builds his own radio sets with telemetry. He posts on here sometimes, so perhaps if he's reading this he can chip in.

sub john

« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2011, 07:05:48 pm »

reply #100   HI Subculture
     I do a lot of flying F3A patternships, pulling 3400watts using 10 lipo cells which is a lot of power you could launch plane just standing it on its tail but would not recommend doing it. Problem with all data loggers your seeing data after the event when you have landed your plane of what ever you have it in, because the unit that we have been doing shows you separate cell voltage on each cell in flight you can see which is the weakest cell in the pack. One of the problems with lipo cells if you take a cell down below 2.85 volts you loose so much capacity in that cell, depending on how much you take it below 2.85 volts  and it never recovers idea behind unit was person standing at the side of you can see all data on main screen other unit on laptop showing you same data and data logging it which could be in the pits because what you have got is a complete test bed in the sky real time ideal for people setting up planes for competition this unit has been done for quite a time now
                       JOHN G7SCL

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2011, 07:23:03 pm »

I understand the need for good monitoring systems when you're at the hairy edge. I fly fairly sedate lightweight foam planes, the heaviest is only about 300 grams, so you only need about 100 watts to take that up like a rocket.

I fit the logger when trying new motor/prop combinations to see what things are doing. Once I'm happy with what i see in the logs out it comes, for use in the next project. After all the unit adds about 10% weight to the aeroplane, and what's that old saying about an ounce of weight is worth a pound of performance?

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines
« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2011, 07:44:09 pm »

My Graupner 2,4Ghz radio has built in Telemetry and reports individual cell voltage, current draw etc ( well as altitude, temperatures, signal quality etc). But its a proprietary system, so a generic one that can be used with any radio is a very useful.

sub john

« Reply #104 on: August 08, 2011, 11:41:02 am »

hi people its me again hear is some pictures of the antenna i made a wile ago that works underwater notice the bulb lights under the water but it isn't connected to anything in anyway      :-))

if you got in the bath with this in there you would know adout it lol          RF burns sir     <*<

Davy1

« Reply #105 on: August 08, 2011, 12:59:20 pm »

Very impressive demo, John!

(But I wouldn't dangle anything in that. :D)

Patrick Henry

« Reply #106 on: August 08, 2011, 01:11:19 pm »

I wouldn't even go inside the front door, let alone get anywhere near the bathroom...

MikeA

« Reply #107 on: August 08, 2011, 01:49:34 pm »

wireless electricity !! say goodbye to batteries. Is the current flowing threw the water or does the wire on the bulb act as coil in a magnet field?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.569 seconds with 22 queries.