Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What to do on a wet weekend  (Read 4822 times)

firedup

What to do on a wet weekend
« on: July 16, 2011, 10:17:12 am »

Starting to panic the wife has started to tidy the house any ideas?

alan colson

• Full Mayhemer
  • I Just Dabble In Model Boats
Re: What to do on a wet weekend
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 10:30:25 am »

Be thankful that she is tidying the house, go into the workshop and work on the models, or as in my case recovering from an operation let the little lady do the work (mine is decorating at the moment), offer to make her the odd cup of tea. I'm off to see what's on TV shortly when I've finished looking at the forum.
Alan

meyer

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 12:39:19 pm »

RUN AWAY RUN AWAY

wibplus

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 01:16:29 pm »

Be busy ........................................ :-))  Watering the garden for instance.    %%   %%

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 01:38:21 pm »

... alternatively get a Mistress! :-)) {-) {-) {-) O0 LOL...

Oh dear, I'm sorry... probably very bad taste I know, but just a joke that's all :-)) LOL!

Me... 54, single, long in the tooth enough to speak my mind, whatever, and what they sees they get's, and they take it or leaves me! I just don't care... too many other things to be getting on with! I jest of course, but there is an element of truth in it all the same! O0 {-)

My priorities: Pony first, business second, model ships third, women fourth!!!!!!!!! Mind you, fourth can be adjusted sometimes, but never ever to the dissadvantage of the First! I get my priorities and responsibilities right you see! LOL!

Jealousy get's you nowhere, so don't even think of going down that route!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) ok2 ok2 LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards, Bernard

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 02:17:08 pm »

... oh yes, and I have a first class solicitor friend who has been divorced twice: he knows my modus operandi and thinking, and I consult accordingly from time to time to make sure I am on the straight and narrow! He went to great pains to lecture me on the pro's & con's of cohabitation and Will connotations, so there is of course a financial aspect to his attention... I would of course do the same in his shoes! {-) Mind you... I have a suspicion and reason to believe he runs on the same thinking as I these days, and I take a bit of pleasure of hinting that I know 'things' LOL! He goes suddenly quiet and his eyes go elsewhere... talk about body language! {-) He is one of the best Court litigation Sols. I have ever met, but we all have an Achilles Heel don't we! LOL! B.

mikearace

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 02:58:12 pm »

A single man wanting a pony first?  I wont even go there................too much detail.

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 03:33:45 pm »

Dear Mike,

LOL!!! LOL!!! {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

Well, let's put it this way... his care and general health is what is important. Any animal that happens to own us, and any such that trusts us absolute to care for them, deserves similar dedication in return.

I know what you meant in jest though. But, you know, I wish all animals were as well looked after as my own... what a better life many might have... but we simply can't look after all, we can only do our best for those that are with us, and do what we can for others... but it does play on the conscience sometimes... you get my drift maybe.

Oh yes, me 'single', and very happy in the grand scheme of things these days! How many have I have known get married and then go to the wall... Far far far to many for my liking! Mind you, in the same vein, I know many who are very happy, but these people are older than I and have the traditional values and thinking. I am of that ilk, behind the times maybe indeed, but I have what I have! :-)) - and it's going to stay that way until I pop my clogs, and then it's up to others to do 'whatever'! Control things from the grave... oh absolutely most certainly... I will never die... I am invincible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! {-) %% :} :-)) {-) {-) {-) LOL!

The only thing that will defeat me is if the World stops turning on it's axis, etc.... something that I can't do anything about or have any influence over. Mind you, it won't bother anyone else at the end of the day as it will all end with a great big 0!!! - "Back to Infinity"! ..........

This all in fun of course.

Kind Regards, Bernard

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 03:38:11 pm »

Or a good woman finds you then almost everything goes out the window.
I do like your optimism though Bernard.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 03:57:34 pm »

Dear Bob,

Where would we all be without optimism! Passive fatalistic maybe...!!! LOL! {-) {-) {-) %% %%

You know, that last sentence of my second Para. of my last has got me thinking... it could in fact be interpreted in different ways! Whichever/whatever, it's still right as it happens! %%

Re your first sentence... true... been there, seen it, done it, got the "teashirt"... and most likely it will probably happen again... but forearmed is forwarned!!! LOL! {-) {-) {-) You I know for a fact are lucky - and of the old school.

Regards, Bernard

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 04:02:59 pm »

... almost... ?! :D

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2011, 04:13:57 pm »

Not the pony as she would probably like him too, just everything else!!!!

Bob
Officially a GOG.

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2011, 04:19:52 pm »

LOL!

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2011, 05:17:16 pm »

Firedup's gone quiet... maybe he's been tided up! :-)

nhp651

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2011, 09:28:59 pm »

or run away as someone  suggested,  {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

nothing worse or more intimidating than a woman with feather duster in hand %% %% %% %% %%

gwa84

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2011, 02:01:43 am »

especially when the next comment as i found out recently time to sort out that pit you call a modelling room out     aaaaghhhhhhhhhh run away and bolt the door shut fast

Nige52

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2011, 06:48:36 am »

{-) {-)

Reading through all the above posts is just like reading a script from Last of the summer wine, with the original 3 main actors....the pony owner being Compo of course.... {-) {-) {-)

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2011, 06:53:14 am »

RUN AWAY RUN AWAY

With Marina  %% %% %%

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

bobk

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2011, 11:51:42 am »

A wet weekend, no chance of escaping with the boat today.  So, to avoid being a sitting target for a list of jobs around the house I am finally making a start on converting the 'office'.  This was from when I used to work at home, but has since been de-rated into a depositary for anything "tidied up" from other rooms, boxes of books and photos, old TV's etc.  It need serious practical reassignment.

My newly reinstated model making has been limited to a few evenings after I can clear the dining table.  Too soon after getting something set up I have to pack it all away again.  The submarine waits for a more permanent dry dock to avoid losing bits.

The plan is to get rid of the filing cabinets, move the PC gear to a small unit on the opposite wall so I can convert my heavy duty CAD workstation bench to a permanent work bench, with wall mounted shelving supports for the boats.  I am already using several A4 drawer units for tools and paints etc.  With some decent movable lights and a magnifier I will have a bolt hole worthy of putting up an engraved plate on the door "Windsor Boatyard, admittance by appointment only".

I would love to hear about other modellers workshops and any convertions you had to do.

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2011, 01:03:44 pm »

Dear BobK,

Seemingly you are one of a few this weekend gone who has been doing something really constructive!!! :-)) I have only met one Member of Mayhem, and all I can say is that he has a lovely setup. As to me, I can't use the plant/machinery workshop for obvious reasons, so, I just clear one of the large desks in the Office here. Plenty of anglepoise lamps, good 6" dia., long reach magnifier, and the bottom drawer of one of the filing cabinets has a file on each of the vessels to refer to. Areas of the Off. have ships, others have the TX's, chargers, tools, and I have managed to find a home for a couple of those aluminium cases with other 'serious bit's' in! 'At home', well, a place has been found for ships. All in pretty good order really as I know where it all is, but irritating it is not all in one single dedicated room! There are various finishing things I wan't to do with the 1:96 Belfast, but this dispersion of things is not conducive to getting down to it. I would like to get some of the ships on the water this year, but prop. shafts must be stripped and re-greased, batteries serviced and/or replaced (a days work to be thorough), and then only a matter of getting a day dedicated to playing and relaxing with ships on a nice quiet lake! :-)) Regards, Bernard

Dear Nige,

Well, "Another week another Dollar", but, before I continue it's finishing/planning it I can't resist replying!

What you said I hadn't thought about... intresting analogy! I always considered Compo the best in consistent character: Peter Sallis (Clegg), Foggy, and the retired Head Master from 'the school that sank' (!), were all of course excellent in their portrail of a time gone by. A scenario, however, that over the years I have seen happen similarly amongst others in real life... twice in fact: Weardale and Keswick area. Sadly, most if not all of those excellent characters I knew are no longer with us, but there are humorous stories I could tell about them! The early 1970's through to the late 1980's was a turning point (possibly into the early 1990's)... I didn't recognise it at first really since in the 70's, things and people just seem to go on, but oh how things change. Those times will never ever be repeated... too much of a break from the old ways and the 'new' now... but how lucky I was to have seen it all, and what good times were had!

Compo, well, if only I could afford to have his outlook on life and his way to live it! Indeed, how might we all like to live such a life, in such a place... as those three in Last of the Summer Wine! The World is a bit more 'intense' now than then: the financial world teetering, Countries going bump, costs rising, and all of us being stung for as much Tax as possible! Oh, and we mustn't forget dear Nora Batty!!! - there are still one or two left like that illustrious Lady!

Regards, Bernard

The long Build

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2011, 01:41:23 pm »

Rain , can,t see why that is a problem , Out Playing / testing a new tug and playing with the Skimmer, absolutely chucking it down , meant pond was not as full as normal..Loads of room..  sat under the estate door.  8)

BrianCartwright

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2011, 06:36:08 pm »

I'm surprised and dissapointed more  people haven't come out in support of SWMBO.
Don't knock it fellers.If she didn't make the first move I think we would live with ever deteriating standards some times.
I've seen life from both sides over the years and come to the conclusion that being a housewife can be very hard work,boreing and a thankless task at times.
The last few years I have had to become a part time househusband/manservant/gofer due to my wifes partial disablement. :-)) :-))

BrianCartwright

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2011, 06:45:23 pm »

To follow that(Idon't type as fast nowdays)I've certainly no regrets as it's an oportunity to repay for my luxurious life style in the early years.
We now share 90% of rhe tasks to ensure a smooth and organised life style.
So I say don't run away.Help SMBO to achieve the tasks in question.
You will be surprised how quickly you can return to model boating and wth her blessing (with a bit of luck) :-)) :-)) :-))

Regards to all

Brian

Spook

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2011, 11:32:14 pm »

If SWMBO gets the job she's applying for I may be doing ALL of the housework :-)

bobk

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2011, 12:50:30 am »

I have spent most of my adult life centred on Commander in Chief Home Forces, later taking third then fourth place to the new arrivals, with a continuous round of projects essential to home and family.  Now I have tripped the magic Retirement Age I need a little time to indulge in some my own persuits and try to tick off a few remaining items on my bucket list.  When the TV is locked on to forensic dramas It is nice to spend a little quite time with the Exacto and epoxy.  Well, you're only young twice !
Slipping out for an hour and a half to the lake on Sunday mornings is so de-stressing after a week at the supermarket.  She even came with me a couple of weeks ago.

The forecast for Sunday is warm and sunny, so the batteries are on charge.    :-))
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.