Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hi im new can you help me with some questions  (Read 1748 times)

helecopter66

hi im new can you help me with some questions
« on: July 17, 2011, 02:56:16 am »

hi everybody I am new to model boating I am looking on making a Remote Control cargo ship but I am swamped i don't have any pictures of any to model after also i have holes in my hull of the scrap boat I am making what will fill it for a permanent fix it is made of plastic everything is made of plastic and Popsicle sticks for the tip of the ship i need help with it because i cant continue on without filling the hole  am so far making a fix with Popsicle sticks epoxy gorilla glue and hot glue i can only hope it holds for the first time on the lake i live in girard Ohio and would love to know were i can find something or maybe a home thing to get to fill the hole thank you for your time

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
Re: hi im new can you help me with some questions
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 09:09:53 am »

Its a bit hard to advise you as i dont know what type of plastic your using. If it can be stuck using a solvent
type glue.It may be possible to stick a plate over the hole from the inside then using filler to level up.No
doubt a modeller with more experiance can help you more. John.

MikeA

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 09:31:51 am »

need to put a picture up fella

helecopter66

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 08:35:45 am »

i will try to put up a picture whenever i get a camera im sorry I don't have one i have never found the need for one before so yea

mike_victoriabc

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 03:30:22 pm »

You seem to have a few hobby shops in your area - perhaps speak to them, see if there is a local club nearby as well. Won't take long for a group of modellers to come up with a dozen ways to help you out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.