Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WET WEEKEND AND KITTY  (Read 3622 times)

LarryW

WET WEEKEND AND KITTY
« on: July 18, 2011, 11:44:37 am »

HELLO ALL,
   what a wet weekend, at a loose end what to do HDML on hold waiting for bits, so what shall do !..
  garden looks good in the rain,  her in doors busy doing house work , getting under her  feet,  
   SO PULLED OUT KITTY TSB plan got a bit styrene in work shop , so printed up templates cut all panels and bulkheads , done a dry fit OK so far ,
   glued all together . put to one side .
 put on glad rags , went down local  with the wife nice bar meal a drop best bitter local brew GEM BATH ALES and a glass of wine for the wife,
 SUNDAY still raining picked up the kitty checked all joints done some sanding and filing made deck hatches , rubbing rails ,
   that's it so far  ,  nice model so far bulkheads nest and deck bits.....BUT not looking forward sail rigs  bit of duffer on this bit , but the mayhem will come up trumps  :-))LARRY

LarryW

Re: WET WEEKEND AND KITTY
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 03:07:20 pm »

HELLO, moving on a bit more ,winches made bulwarks fitted, starting to plank deck coffee stirrers , thank CO.OP  filling station,  :-)) %% {-)

more later LARRY....

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 09:14:19 pm »

You wanna go the motorway cafes. Their sticks are longer.      :} :} :} :}

A seriously good build you've got there Larry. Well done so far.

Ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

LarryW

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 09:32:08 am »

THANKS KENNY, i enjoyed Titanic post what plan did you use, great modeling,   
    BUT watch out for those brown ice bergs in the channel  {-)..........LARRY...

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 10:47:24 am »

What plan !!!   All done entirely by digital callipers on photos.  Run a copy on the printer and scale up or down until it matches the conversion scale chart.

I used more printer ink than superglue.   :}  All the fun of scratch building. That's why I admire your work quality.

Cheers

ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

LarryW

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 01:40:57 pm »

THANK YOU KENNY,,,,
               you make me feel humble ,     one day  i will get to your standards  :-))..LARRY..

LarryW

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 04:24:52 pm »

HELLO ALL,     planked out deck to day , dont look to bad,  will snd seal it tomorrow outside if the weather holds, in dout wat stain to use /
     pictures of the real kitty shows to a gruby red, any ideas any one  ? ........LARRY....

andrewh

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 06:04:29 am »

Larry

Fast and beautiful build, good use of a wet weekend :}

I use a spirit-based stain for wood, but painted my kitty's deck a deepish mattish maroon

andrew

LarryW

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 08:58:55 pm »

hi HI ALL,  deck in place went for plank finish used a bit of fence paint applied with a sponge wipe on wipe off , touch of Matt varnish to seal,
  winches painted main mast started,  while things wear drying pick up my tenby life boat witch was sunk at clevedon with the loss of top deck so i knock up anther one in card ;
 made off the drawing that model slipway put in the kit its all scratch built quite pleased with result  :-))

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 21 queries.