Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best motors to use for Revell VIIC 72nd scale U-Boat  (Read 3230 times)

patchboy76

Best motors to use for Revell VIIC 72nd scale U-Boat
« on: March 06, 2007, 09:29:28 pm »

Hi All,
Has anyone any information as to what would be the preferred motors to use in this kit - initially as a twin-screw surface runner, but later as a fully submersible model. Any help greatly appreciated.
TIA
Mervyn.

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
Re: Best motors to use for Revell VIIC 72nd scale U-Boat
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 06:02:56 pm »

A lot of people use the little GWS geaboxed motors 3:1- the type used in park fly aircraft.

However there are a lot of smalle motors that would be upto the job.

Andy

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 11:04:31 pm »

Mine were supplied by SHG on 01785 840308.

They supplied the two motors, which are actually servo motors, couplings,  4mm shaft tubes, 2mm shafts and props all ready matched.  I went for 10" tubes with 12" shafts which put the motors underneath the tower rather than the aft deck as I have seen before and the aft two inches of shaft are exposed as per the real items.

I can't remember the total but it was very reasonable and the guy at SHG said he had supplied a great number for this very project so he had a good idea of what he was talking about.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

patchboy76

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 12:17:24 pm »

hello Andy., thanks for info about motors for the Revell U Boat most helpfull., I will check out the local model shop to see if they have any of those in stock. thanks again.  Mervyn.

uboatbuilder

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 06:25:28 pm »

HI im doing a static diver and im using the gws's. very small and recommended by the guy who manufactures the wtc's

Grant

Mike_K

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 01:11:08 pm »

I'm using a pair of  Johnson J250 direct drive on my similarly sized Lindberg Fletcher on 5 cells 1700 mah sub-C NiCad and get over an hour of run time at what I am certain is higher than scale speed.  I plan to use another pair in my typ VII with newer NiMh's of higher capacity.  I can take some video of it and post it if you like.  Very quiet running direct drive.  I've only ever used geared systems so the lack of gear noise is quiet a nice effect. 

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.