Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Robbe super 600 motor  (Read 2855 times)

Nige52

Robbe super 600 motor
« on: June 09, 2009, 09:51:46 am »

Hi,
I've bought a Robbe Piranhia fast electric kit. The motor is a 7.2V Super 600 22k. I'm not too sure which battery to use in this as the blurb states using a Sanyo 7 N C2,4 k AMP.
I've check what these are and they appear to be a single 8.4 cell? So these would be wired in parallel? I'm not too comfortable with things I have no experience of and would much prefer to use NiMh or LiPo packs I can buy off the shelf. But which ones would you recommend? A block of 6 NiMh's? A 2 cell 7.4 LiPo maybe? Or even a 7 cell NiMh?
Many thanks
Nige  :-)

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Robbe super 600 motor
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 10:28:02 am »

Not a single cell, 7 cells in one sleeve, just like everybody else's.  As long as the A/H rating is as stated, you will be OK.  The motor will be mildly over-run, but as long as the prop is not too large should not give any problems apart from the boat arriving a bit earlier than expected.  There are at least two good battery suppliers on here who can supply you with good quality alternatives.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Killerinc

Re: Robbe super 600 motor
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 05:49:07 am »

Hi,
sorry i know this is an old post but Nige did you ever figure out which Lipo to works best on the Robbe Super 600 motor and what other items did you use like ESC and BEC.
How long is the Piranah?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.