Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: twin props  (Read 3853 times)

the_fifie_man

• Shipmate
twin props
« on: May 02, 2006, 10:01:13 pm »

hi there
Can anyone help i am in the process of scratch building the Star Perseus diving support vessel, it has two props so i bought one left hand prop and one right hand prop so one motor is wire to go anti-clockwise i.e that is the left one, i tried the boat in water and it seems to go round in circles can anyone help.????????

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
Re: twin props
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 11:00:56 pm »

Hi. Might be stating the obvious but I suspect one motor is going in reverse while the other is going forward or only one motor is working!

Assuming both motors are turning, is one 'sticking' and not turning as freely as the other?

If both are turning freely, disconnect one motor and leave the other connected. Switch on and move the transmitter stick forward. Note the direction the boat moves ie forwards or backwards.

If the boat goes backwards, that motor is connected the wrong way round or has the wrong prop on it.

ron h

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 11:24:06 pm »

Hi, Before I go near water I test them out on the work bench, set everything up, pust left stick forward on tranny, left hand motor should turn and blow air out towards the rudder, if it does not ,its going in reverse, do the same with the right hand motor, then do both at the same time, ron h

the_fifie_man

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 10:52:29 am »

thanks for reply's and i will try these things out, i think this time i will use the kids paddling pool before i go to the beach with the boat again. ::) ::)

johno 52-11

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model lifeboats built to perform
    • lifeboat Models
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 11:17:37 am »

I have had a similar problem and sorted it by switching one of the channel revering switches on the transmitter
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 21 queries.