Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 94   Go Down

Author Topic: In the News !!!  (Read 927151 times)

The long Build

In the News !!!
« on: July 25, 2011, 12:18:06 pm »

So 90+ people murdered in Norway and the main news is the death of a broken down popstar... >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

Patrick Henry

Re: In the News !!!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 12:20:47 pm »

Sad...very sad.

Those poor Norwegians died without knowing why or what for....Amy Whitehouse knew exactly what she was doing when she started drinking and taking drugs.

nhp651

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 12:21:52 pm »

she was never a pop star in my mind.......just a very poorroll model for the youth of today..........i just feel very very sad for her parents who tried thweir best to put her on the straight and narrow.....she constantly flung it back in their faces. {:-{ {:-{ {:-{

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 01:16:35 pm »

I was half following the BBC news yesterday and after a while i turned over to Sky news,  it was a Big news weekend!

Bombing and shootings in Norway.
Shooting in bowling alley in America.
Big train crash in China - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-14262276
People dying from heat stroke in America.
Greece bail out.
'News of the world' scandal threatens to bring down Scotland yard and several news papers.

..... oh, and some pop singer dies.

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 01:22:06 pm »

Australia: Forklift mishap destroys $1m of shiraz wine Red wine.
 Mr Marquis says the wine was fully insured

More than A$1m ($1.07m; £664,000) of wine has been destroyed in a forklift accident in Australia.

The 2010 Mollydooker Velvet Glove shiraz sells for A$185 a bottle ($199; £122), the AFP news agency said.

Winemaker Sparky Marquis told reporters he was "gut-wrenched" that 462 cases of wine had been smashed while being loaded for export to the United States.

"When they opened up the container they said it was like a murder scene," he said. "But it smelled phenomenal."   {-)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-14247551
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

nhp651

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 02:01:04 pm »

Australia: Forklift mishap destroys $1m of shiraz wine Red wine.
 Mr Marquis says the wine was fully insured

NOW!!!!! that really is sad news for the ozzies

regiment

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 03:59:43 pm »

AND PLEASE DO NOT FOR GET SHE WAS INTELIGENT

hollowhornbear

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 04:19:12 pm »

Some good news 3,000+ young people (Scouts) leave the UK today for the World Scout Jamboree in Sweden. Where they will meet and enjoy various activities with 35,000+ young people from all over the world.
Is this in the national news? if it is I have missed it.
Oh and my daughter is one of them.

treeboa

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 04:35:33 pm »

AND PLEASE DO NOT FOR GET SHE WAS INTELIGENT
#

cant have been that brainy or she would have known what alcohol and drugs in the amounts she consumed would lead too. i blame the people employing her as well, soon as it became apparent there was a future problem she should have been heaved out on her backside, no money no drugs, role models of her and more than a few others morons  our children dont need

Dekan

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 05:35:22 pm »

Why is it that some model boaters opinions lean to somewhere to the right of Attillia hun...

Why does Amy Winehouse have to be a role model for kids... the average politician, banker etc etc, I could go on, isnt. So why does some mentally ill singer have to be an example to kids?..

I didn't like her music or her appearance... but hey it was her life, and now shes dead..These things happen..

The long Build

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 06:09:55 pm »

Not sure where the role model bit came in, My point was that the press and Day time telly seemed more concerned with her death than the 90+ dead in Norway..

Dekan

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 06:17:25 pm »

she was never a pop star in my mind.......just a very poorroll model for the youth of today..........i just feel very very sad for her parents who tried thweir best to put her on the straight and narrow.....she constantly flung it back in their faces. {:-{ {:-{ {:-{
Not guilty Long  :}

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 06:22:34 pm »

The media were probably expecting Amy Winehouse to go the way of so many others before her. I think she had talent but it was wasted. With her self destructive ways this was to be expected I guess, sad for anyone to go like that but we all make our own choices and decide what path we're taking... I don't think she was a role model really??  I don't know quite why it has overshadowed the terrible events in Norway, perhaps random killings of this type are becoming all too familiar these days, sad really.  Dave. {:-{

nhp651

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 07:07:21 pm »

Why does Amy Winehouse have to be a role model for kids... the average politician, banker etc etc, I could go on, isnt. So why does some mentally ill singer have to be an example to kids?..

Dekan, what planet do you live on if you don't think that the youth of today DOESN'T think of the pop stars of today as THEIR  roll models.......

ooooooooooooooohh no!!! only 95% of them would rather be a pop star or footballer,  than a banker or politition....god forbid me for suggesting it, but you only have to watch [ please don't suggest i do] the X FACTOR to see what the kids of today "wanna be"

and if you think differently mate....you are really as far removed from the real world as your comment suggests, sadly.

Dekan

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 07:53:34 pm »

Dekan, what planet do you live on if you don't think that the youth of today DOESN'T think of the pop stars of today as THEIR  roll models.......

ooooooooooooooohh no!!! only 95% of them would rather be a pop star or footballer,  than a banker or politition....god forbid me for suggesting it, but you only have to watch [ please don't suggest i do] the X FACTOR to see what the kids of today "wanna be"

and if you think differently mate....you are really as far removed from the real world as your comment suggests, sadly.

Please read my post... I didn't say that... I'm not unaware of the fact that some kids aspire to be like famous people... All I said was that it was not Amy Winehouse's, or anybody else in the public eye for that matter, role in life to inspire kids..

She was not a member of the church or a teacher or anybody else that we could reasonably expect to set a good example to young people...She was just a singer

nhp651

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 08:16:06 pm »

no sorry, dekan.....they don't go out to consciously be a roll model, but kids choose them to be so, and celebs know that......and therefore i believe, have a moral duty to behave in a reasonable manner because of the celebrity status they hold, and the following that they have.
if you can't see that, then there's no point in making any further comment.
she was a wino and a junkie......QeD and had a celeb following from many young kids.....thank fully not mine.

Dekan

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 08:29:59 pm »

no sorry, dekan.....they don't go out to consciously be a roll model, but kids choose them to be so, and celebs know that......and therefore i believe, have a moral duty to behave in a reasonable manner because of the celebrity status they hold, and the following that they have.
if you can't see that, then there's no point in making any further comment.
she was a wino and a junkie......QeD and had a celeb following from many young kids.....thank fully not mine.

No problem... it's sad that people in the public eye do not behave better... but there it is..In a perfect world we would all behave better to one another and the planet.. but history has shown that may not happen any time soon.  :((

mook

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 09:05:53 pm »

She chose to go on over a 30 hour bender of drink and drugs didn't respect her family or herself 90 people didn't get the choice to be shot they just lost there lives my opinion she shouldn't even be in press she deserves no respect atall

philk

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2011, 09:09:34 pm »

luckily my daughters saw her as a useless talentless junkie so no role model for them then

strange though isn't it lots of moaning on here about why she is getting all the publicity and not the dead in sweden and most of our posts are about the stupid dopehead

phil

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2011, 09:35:48 pm »

De mortuis nil nisi bonum. Just think of (or pray for, as inclined) the people who loved the dead, whoever they were.

chingdevil

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2011, 09:45:49 pm »

It is a pity that the soldier who recently lost his life in that stupid war in Afghanistan, does not get the same paper inches as the drunk. >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

Brian

nhp651

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2011, 10:41:33 pm »

I am so sad at the quality of thinking on this site,  the life of a young women who was clearly ill has no value.
"See the world as I see it or you are bad , mad or worthless" Seem's to be the attitude of too many people on this forum.
 I have had enough and will leave the small minded gang to their little Englander thoughts.
Thank you for the model advice and help from a number of people who visit this site (especially those who have contributed to the steam and sail section) however I can't stand the bile anymore goodnight and goodbye.
Mark

sorry that we offended your sensitive nature, but in chitchat section, this is what we talk about.............

and amazingly, for once, i even agree with chingdevil.....gawd........... i must be mellowing in my old age......have me shot please. {-) {-) {-)

fatcat123

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2011, 10:57:15 pm »

Best be careful Neil, this post may get removed  {-)

nhp651

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2011, 11:02:37 pm »

so long as the fence it's attached to isn't %% %% %% %% %%

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2011, 11:26:28 pm »

Hmm, the ethnic cleanser in Norway seems to have extreme views too.

Regards   Ian

Don't matter who they are, they're all someones kids.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 94   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.