Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.

Author Topic: In the News !!!  (Read 927194 times)

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
Re: In the News !!!
« Reply #1025 on: June 30, 2016, 05:07:30 pm »

Get the England players to buy one each in reparation  {-)

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

inertia

« Reply #1026 on: June 30, 2016, 06:44:54 pm »

Get the England players to buy one each in reparation  {-)
Ned

It appears as though that's about the only thing that Raheem Sterling hasn't already bought (See most of today's red-tops). Or maybe he just bought it for his Mum.... %)

Incidentally, please don't anyone think that I have any interest in the game/business of football. IMHO watching  a match is like watching rain run down a pane of glass. I do, however, have a morbid curiosity about those who indulge themselves in it, to any degree, at any level from the "Steve! Steve! Pass the ******* ball, you ******!" amateurs who play their muddy, sweary Sunday morning games on the sports ground just beyond our garden to the genuinely pampered ******* who are paid gazzillions of pounds for (frankly) not a lot more effort or enthusiasm.

Raheem Sterling - are you ashamed? You should be.

DM

BFSMP

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #1027 on: June 30, 2016, 06:49:56 pm »

Raheem Sterling - are you ashamed? You should be.
DM

who is Raheem Stirling.......sounds like a cross between a motor racing driver and a camel herder.

Jim.
life is like arranging deck chairs on the Titanic!

inertia

« Reply #1028 on: June 30, 2016, 06:55:21 pm »

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #1029 on: June 30, 2016, 11:38:03 pm »

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Penguins are coming!!!
« Reply #1030 on: July 01, 2016, 03:51:53 am »

Whilst I've never seen a real one never mind six, I'm assured my mates on 17Sqn that they do exist! :}
Nick B

Help! The penguins have stolen my sanity, and my hot water bottle!

Illegitimi non carborundum!

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1031 on: July 01, 2016, 07:21:04 am »

And Dave M believes in Faireys of course...😀

Colin

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1032 on: July 01, 2016, 11:52:52 pm »

who is Raheem Stirling.......sounds like a cross between a motor racing driver and a camel herder.

Jim.

Raheem Sterling is an overpaid, underperforming, immature, obnoxious brat, masquerading as a professional footballer. He certainly has the talent, but not the ability to conduct himself in a manner acceptable to those who pay good money to see him play. Unfortunately, he is all too typical of many of the modern footballers, whose footballing ability far outstrips their ability to behave like "normal" human beings. Too much money, too early, and insufficient intelligence to manage it.

Peter.

Hellboy Paul

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1033 on: July 02, 2016, 07:29:23 am »

What is the difference between a football player & a rugby player?

The footballer spends 90 minutes pretending they are injured, the rugby player spends 80 minutes pretending they are not!! {-) {-)

Fastfaz

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #1034 on: July 02, 2016, 09:18:02 am »

Peter I could not have put it better myself! unfortunately for us Sterling is in the UK.
        Cheers,
           Faz.

inertia

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #1036 on: July 04, 2016, 08:50:07 am »

BBC:
Newly-expanded Panama Canal is now open for business
          http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-36676196

"The new locks are the size of the Empire State Building, with doors that were built using enough steel for 19 Eiffel towers and walls lined with enough basalt rock for two of Giza's great pyramids."

First voyage through expanded Panama canal:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-36635198
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #1037 on: July 04, 2016, 12:52:29 pm »

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1038 on: July 05, 2016, 08:55:01 am »

The RAF has six at the moment  ok2

A section on The One Show on BBC TV last light showed we don't have our own F-35B yet.
Three flew in, two flew back to the USA.  The one that remained has USAF markings, will be used for the Air Show demo, then will be flying back to the States.  Britain's own RAF/RN F-35's were stated to not start arriving until 2018.

So, the one here is USAF and on loan for the Air Show - Not our own F35 after all. Any other F35's about are likely to be American.  {:-{
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1039 on: July 05, 2016, 11:23:41 am »

In the RAF News (the airforce newspaper) there are proper photos of the RAF F-35B in RAF markings with British serial numbers on the fuselages, I have a few mates who work on them and to confirm that we do own at least six and one will be delivered per week next year ready for 617 and 809 (I think) Sqns for operations in 2019.
Nick B

inertia

« Reply #1040 on: July 05, 2016, 11:27:11 am »

The Beeb really ought to get its act together. Here's an article from its own News website - and I can recognise an RAF roundel as easily as the next man (although the blue outer ring is pretty indistinct).  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36670106
DM

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1041 on: July 05, 2016, 11:30:06 am »

Nick:  As you work for the "Main Dealers" I will defer to your expertise, its just the one shown in the hanger whilst the RAF Sq Leader was being interviewed in front of it by the BBC yesterday had USAF markings under the nose.
Grey, star in circle with stripes each side.
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1042 on: July 05, 2016, 11:43:49 am »

Yes it does they still won't let us fly one of ours across until all newer versions are worked up which includes the RAF variants, so the best they could do was fly a USAF with a RAF pilot because we are all waiting to see a real one outside of America!

Dave, the new RAF markings are very very dark and it's hard to distinguish them but I believe it's called low viz markings so you don't have a grey aircraft with bright red and blue on the wings and fuselage.
Nick B

inertia

« Reply #1043 on: July 05, 2016, 12:20:06 pm »

Yes it does they still won't let us fly one of ours across until all newer versions are worked up which includes the RAF variants, so the best they could do was fly a USAF with a RAF pilot because we are all waiting to see a real one outside of America!

So what are those aircraft that your mates are working on, Nick, and if the markings are 'Low Viz' then what's the point of having them? This poor bear's brains are beginning to overheat.....

Incidentally I was at school with Simon Hargreaves, who was one of the test pilots on the original F35 project after he'd flown Sea Harriers in the Falklands war. He was the first pilot in history to take off vertically in an aircraft; fly it to supersonic speed and then land it vertically. Gifted? Model-wise that boy could fly the full FAI Aerobatic schedule before he was ten! His father was "Jolly" Roger Hargreaves, who started as a Rep for Ripmax and went on to run Super Models shop in Derby. He was UK Aerobatic Team manager for several years in the early 70's and he was also a superb model demo pilot. Roger finished up working for Humbrol and ended his days doing day fishing trips in his boat out of Hull. I wonder if any other Mayhem member recalls him?
DM

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1044 on: July 05, 2016, 12:34:26 pm »

Dave

My mates are working in America on a USAF base but servicing British F-35Bs as they need to learn the aircraft mechanical and avionic systems from the manufacturing company Lockheed Martin.

With regards to markings it's still a legal requirement that military aircraft have their country's markings on them regardless how small and hard to see they may be!
Nick B

inertia

« Reply #1045 on: July 05, 2016, 01:50:24 pm »

Ah! You merved the goalperst, you naughty minkey!

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1046 on: July 05, 2016, 02:58:46 pm »

Sorry Dave

I was under the assumption that everyone knew that they were in America- as they say in the RAF- assumption is the mother of all 'mess ups'! {-)
Nick B

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #1047 on: July 05, 2016, 03:17:38 pm »

Bout right for MOD.
British type a/c in US
American type a/c in UK.  {-)

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1048 on: July 12, 2016, 01:03:06 pm »

Apparently today's front page of the Metro newspaper proclaimed "Another Day of Mayhem".

I first thought our wonderful forum had gained national recognition and acclaim . . .  :}

However, it turned out to be just more politics  >>:-(

davidm1945

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #1049 on: July 12, 2016, 05:45:19 pm »

We saw the F35 hovering at Fairford Tattoo on Friday. I thought the Harrier was the ultimate fuel to noise converter but that has got it beaten. Very impressive and will be interesting to see how reliable it will be in service.

Dave
Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do. Robert A Heinlein.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 94   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 22 queries.